Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Install script won't work

Posted by pogoomane 
Install script won't work
June 30, 2013 06:19AM
Hi,

Sorry for cross-posting, but maybe this forum is more adequate for my problem. I had a usb-stick going bad and now have to reinstall debian on my pogoplug v2. I have the rescue system v2 installed, but following the instructions from here http://projects.doozan.com/debian/ I get this error:
rescue:/tmp# ./kirkwood.debian-wheezy.sh

Your perl subsystem does not have support for $ENV{}
and must be disabled for debootstrap to work
Please disable perl by running the following command

chmod -x /usr/bin/perl

After perl is disabled, you can re-run this script.
To re-enable perl after installation, run:

chmod +x /usr/bin/perl

Installation aborted.

Mounting the resuce system as writable and executing the suggested solution doesn't solve the problem.

Any ideas how to get the or any other installer to work on the rescue system?
Re: Install script won't work
July 02, 2013 03:04AM
Same problem with the v2.8.2 rescue system. I installed Archlinux and was able to start the debian installscript from there.

/update:
Installing on archlinux failed with "W: Failure trying to run: chroot /tmp/debian mount -t proc proc /proc"

After googling around, I found this thread http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,8722 Following the solution by sys64738 ("chmod 666 /usr/bin/microperl" on the rescue system), the original problem has been solved, but wheezy won't install - the debootstrap script for wheezy is missing. But squeeze installed without an error. Updated it to wheezy succesfully.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2013 07:17AM by pogoomane.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.