Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dockstar - New USB Stick - Yellow LED blinking after restart

Posted by Shadow128 
Dockstar - New USB Stick - Yellow LED blinking after restart
March 07, 2014 11:03AM
Hello together,

I use a Dockstar with Debian in my Intranet, which is working perfect. Now i wanted to change from a 4 GB USB Stick to a 32 GB Stick. I made a backup of my existing stick with Clonezilla and restored it to the new stick.
Afterwards I checked the file system with gparted under Ubuntu, no failure recognized.

Then I started my Dockstar with the new stick, and first time it boots without a problem. When I started a reboot of the system I can see shortly that all LEDs are off. After some seconds the USB blinks twice and then the Dockstar blinks yellow. After switching off the power supply and switching on it is starting into the system.
Same game while I started again a reboot.

It seems, that the dockstar didn't recognize the stick after a soft reboot.

Is there any chance to get this working?

Thanks in advance,
Shadow128
If possible try the Windows-Tool "USB Image Tool". I would suggest to use version 1.59. It did the trick for me, later versions seem to have different problems. You can get it here:
http://www.alexpage.de/download/usbit/usbit159.zip
Perhaps it copies also the ID of the drive, which has to be recognized by the dockstar. But thats only a guess...
Re: Dockstar - New USB Stick - Yellow LED blinking after restart
March 16, 2014 04:07AM
I think the problem was my usb stick.
I bought a new bigger stick from the working modell (Transcend), and this is now working.

Thx for your help :-)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.