Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SSH Issue lost Debian disk

Posted by Maddy 
SSH Issue lost Debian disk
May 23, 2014 10:53AM
I have pogoplug pro which was not used from a long time. Now I am trying to make it file server. I lost Usb stick on which debian was installed. Now I formatted new USB drive to install debian but I am not able to SSH into it. I tried SSH password i used while installing debian on old USB, also tested with "ceadmin". Please some one help to SSH pogoplug.
Re: SSH Issue lost Debian disk
May 25, 2014 03:53PM
Maddy,

You did not give enough info for us to help you. How did you install Debian?
Now I formatted new USB drive to install debian
there are many different ways to do this for the Pogo Pro!

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
May 28, 2014 06:02AM
I had installed debian on 4GB USB stick and debian working fine. Pogo was not used for few days and USB still also lost during these days.
Now I am trying to install Debain on new disk but I am not able to SSH Pogo. How can i get SSH access to Pogo.
May 29, 2014 01:30PM
Hi Maddy,

A few simple questions before determining whether you need serial cable.

(1) Are you able to ping your Pogo? Is it on a static IP?

(2) Does the Pogo start up and eventually show a solid green light?

If neither of those are true, then I wonder if your Pogo is booting up properly with the Debian image. In that case, you might need a serial cable connected to the Pogo to determine what's happening on bootup.

Which brings me to the next question:
(3) Which Debian image did you use to install on the USB stick?

BTW, I did have issues with the Pogo Mobile (which should be the same as the Pogo Pro but w/o the extra USB and SATA connections) booting up using a Kingston USB drive. I also found this forum topic indicating other drives that could not cold boot.
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,2075,2233

velo.
May 31, 2014 02:18AM
@velo,

The Pogo Pro is similar to other plugs only after you've installed latest U-Boot and kernel. For other "legacy" installations, it is quite different. See the Requirements section in the Pogo V3 U-boot thread:
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,16017

@Maddy,

So without describing what and how you have installed installed in details (dmesg, log,…everything you had done) there is no way for us to help. Basically that's the question I've asked above.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.