Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Zyxel NSA320S with Debian from USB-stick

Posted by Lars-Daniel Weber 
Lars-Daniel Weber
Zyxel NSA320S with Debian from USB-stick
September 22, 2014 08:29AM
Hi there,

sorry for asking... I've googled a lot and I've read all the long posts on this board, but didn't find any answer to this question:
Can I run the latest without modding/flashing uBoot & firmware and - if yes - how? Does it work the same way as for the 325v2? I'm afraid of watchdogs and incompatible hardware. The 320S is equal to a normal 320, but has only 256 MB of RAM and a slower CPU.

I've found many HowTos on the web, how to run Debian from an USB-stick, but all were for NSA325v2. They only needed some modification in the bootloader via fw_setenv. But none of them explains to revert it to stock firmware.

I'd like to have a solution on "stick only". Is this possible with the Zyxel NSA320S?

Best regards,
Lars-Daniel
Re: Zyxel NSA320S with Debian from USB-stick
September 22, 2014 09:53AM
There may be some pinmux differences, and we'd need to know these things first for the kernel. Otherwise, it is possible that you could take the route I designed prior for being able to flip back and forth.
Lars-Daniel Weber
Re: Zyxel NSA320S with Debian from USB-stick
September 23, 2014 04:21AM
How can I help to detect the Pin muxing?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.