Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NSA320. any way to go back from debian to factory firmware?

Posted by shivahoj 
NSA320. any way to go back from debian to factory firmware?
January 13, 2015 03:10PM
Hello,
i just got a 2nd working NSA320, and i just installed the latest factory firmware (V4.70(AFO.1)) on it.
Before going into a second debian installation, i would want to know if there is a known working way to download, save, conserve and for a last option, later re-upload the factory firmware?
Or , maybe even simpler, to initiate installation of the stock firmware (possibly extracted from files from the Zyxel ftp-server)?
I remember having found a blog post about that a while ago, but cant find it anymore....

IF the first option is the only valid way, do i have to backup the firmware of each individual NSA320, or can i maybe even re-upload the firmware files to a different NSA320?
I have a working serial connection to the debug Header on the mainboard, and a working FFP(http://zyxel.nas-central.org/wiki/FFP-stick)

Any ideas/links/tips?

2 Pieces NSA320 , u-boot 2016.05, debian 4.12.1, Several Mac and Linux boxes connected.
More into soldering than programming. Location:Hildesheim, Germany

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2015 03:12PM by shivahoj.
Re: NSA320. any way to go back from debian to factory firmware?
January 19, 2015 10:12AM
Anybody?
This debian/archlinux/whatever "upgrade" is really a one way road?
So if there is no way to return to the factory delivered software(and its updates), i would strongly advise against all other software installations.

just my 2 cents...

Dirk
Re: NSA320. any way to go back from debian to factory firmware?
January 19, 2015 10:33AM
shivahoj,

> So if there is no way to return to the factory
> delivered software(and its updates), i would
> strongly advise against all other
> software installations.

In my observation, most users looking for latest u-boot and kernel are really not interested in running stock FW. I would say the only times we run stock are a few initial startups to install new SW. That's the reason your post asking for info got no response.

If I had the NSA320, then I would have backup mtds and procedure how to go back to stock, but only just in case I want to sell the device.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.