Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USB not unmounted correctly before shutdown - automatically check and fix on startup?

Posted by rkrug 
USB not unmounted correctly before shutdown - automatically check and fix on startup?
March 16, 2015 04:03AM
Hi

After a dirty shutdown, rootfs did not mount properly and my pogoplug did not boot - I had to put the flash drive into a Linux computer and do a file system check.

Under e.g. Ubuntu, this is done automatically when the drive does not boot - is this possible here as well?

Rainer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2015 04:26AM by rkrug.
The second time it did not work... Any suggestions?
i have that option set as a default on my installations and it works without issue... do a fsck on another system to fix the drive .
there is no fix or patch if you have that option on or off for ext2. fsck will not fix anything most of the time if you power off your system running OS on ext2. You have only 2 options: install UPS or switch to ext3.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2015 01:37PM by Almaz.
i should have mentioned all my devices run ext3 as a minimum.
ext 3 for rootfs and the others ext4.

Got it running again - will see how it goes.

Thanks,

Rainer
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.