Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Add Trash to Pogoplug E02/Debian

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Add Trash to Pogoplug E02/Debian
August 25, 2015 12:57PM
Wasn't sure how this works, but now that i'm loving this 5-watt hero for torrents, started using the GUI to right-click delete a file that completed a copy to the (Windows7 x64) desktop machine. Thought it was all deleted. I never found Trash in my Debian Pogos and assumed what you delete is totally gone.

As I was about to make a USB-to-USB copy on Windows, just for kicks I ran TreeSize Pro, an app that pie charts your directories by size. So the torrent repository was displayed up top. I deleted the files from Windows (knowing i had a backup if that failed) and it works in the Pogo fine.

Maybe a better question is, how can we know what we delete is now free space?

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2015 01:02PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
BleachBit
September 10, 2015 12:51PM
In my situation using Pogplug/Debian for Samba and torrents, and once a week using RDP to get the XFCE usable, installing BleachBit was the answer. And be conservative what is checkboxed lol

I know seasoned Linux users have simpler terminal commands which don't require additional software but for now this gets me through.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.