Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unbricking GoFlex Home

Posted by hetfield 
Unbricking GoFlex Home
January 22, 2016 10:26PM
The The ArchLinux on my GFH has appeared to have been corrupted. The amber light is flashing regardless whether I have the HDD in slot (or removed). Tried boot with Seagate's stock firmware USB stick; pressing the reset button but it doesn't seem to work, too. Please help.
Re: Unbricking GoFlex Home
January 22, 2016 11:00PM
hetfield Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The The ArchLinux on my GFH has appeared to have
> been corrupted. The amber light is flashing
> regardless whether I have the HDD in slot (or
> removed). Tried boot with Seagate's stock firmware
> USB stick; pressing the reset button but it
> doesn't seem to work, too. Please help.

When did you install Arch? have you run pacman update before this problem occurred?

It sounds like the HDD rootfs has been corrupted in a way that the kernel file could not be loaded.

1. Take the current HDD to another Linux box (using USB adapter), and run fsck to check for file system error. And remember to do a "sync" before unplugging the HDD. If there are file system errors, it would be fixed by fsck during this, so try to boot again with the HDD. If there is no fs error, then some kernel files must have been missing.

2. If 1 does not work. Use a new USB stick, redownload Arch rootfs (following the Arch GFH installation page), and create a new rootfs. Boot with this USB rootfs.

3. If all failed, try Debian rootfs on USB:
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,12096

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2016 11:38PM by bodhi.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.