Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does SSH key change with change of usb port?

Posted by Vinay 
Vinay
Does SSH key change with change of usb port?
April 11, 2016 10:35PM
Saw this weird change while troubleshooting my pogo plug. I can't get my pogo plug to boot with the rootfs usb stick in bottom most port along with an external hdd. I thought about putting the usb stick with rootfs in top most port and external hdd in bottom most port. The plug booted up. But while ssh'ing into it I got message from Putty that ssh key had changed.

I okayed it and tried to login as root but it won't allow me access. Whether I put root as password or the correct password, it says access denied. So i changed the ports back again for the stick to the old ports, and removed the external hdd to see if it would boot and it booted up. Got the same ssh key changed notice and could login with my correct root password now.

Does SSH key change with port change?
Re: Does SSH key change with change of usb port?
April 11, 2016 11:27PM
Vinay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Saw this weird change while troubleshooting my
> pogo plug. I can't get my pogo plug to boot with
> the rootfs usb stick in bottom most port along
> with an external hdd. I thought about putting the
> usb stick with rootfs in top most port and
> external hdd in bottom most port. The plug booted
> up. But while ssh'ing into it I got message from
> Putty that ssh key had changed.
>
> I okayed it and tried to login as root but it
> won't allow me access. Whether I put root as
> password or the correct password, it says access
> denied. So i changed the ports back again for the
> stick to the old ports, and removed the external
> hdd to see if it would boot and it booted up. Got
> the same ssh key changed notice and could login
> with my correct root password now.
>
> Does SSH key change with port change?

No, it does not. You need to set the u-boot envs properly so that it will boot find and boot the rootfs without having to switch ports like that. See this thread for explanation, and how to set it up:
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,19093

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
usb_device=0:1
usb_root=/dev/sda1 <----- I removed this line from my fw_setenv

I removed that line from my fw_setenv cause the usb stick with rootfs would get remounted to sdb1 during boot and the external hdd without rootfs gets mounted to sda1. without this line, usb stick mounts to sda1 mostly. if i attach the external hdd then the devices does not start most of the time.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.