Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

install debian-squeeze from USB

Posted by lou 
lou
install debian-squeeze from USB
September 13, 2010 06:29PM
Hello community!

I managed to modify the uboot-installscript to run from usb. So i just used an CA-42 (nokia) serial cable and an usb stick to do the installation. (no network connected).

Next step would be, to do same with debian-squeeze. I checked the "functions" file of "debootstrap_1.0.23.tar" which does the wget-based installation, but to be honest - i would like to avoid to "analyse" those 1500 lines of code ;)
References to a suitable "debian-tarball" on debian.org didnt yield any usable results (only some outdated docu)

So, anybody got a good starting point for me, to create a file/script-set to do this "offline"-installation ?

Thanks in advance!
lou

BTW: jeffs uboot/debian-installscript switches of the "hbwd"-service (which disables usb-automount), so how should we then install debian on an usb-stick? Or vice-versa: when enabling "hbwd" and proceeding with the wget-based debian installation, the device has >20mins time to "phone-home" ?! Please enlighten me :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2010 06:32PM by lou.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.