Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USB port not recognizing any device

Posted by FelipeC 
USB port not recognizing any device
April 04, 2015 12:28PM
Hi again Bodhi,
i come now with a new challenge :D

after all our surgery to my PPv4, everything seems to go normal now, i managed to install Optware/samba and it works perfect, however, for an unknown reason, theres one of the rear usb ports that is not working. I have tried connecting different devices and none of them is being recognized not using the web acces or even through console. I did some testing again connecting the serial cable and in any other port it automatically recognizes and starts booting the harddrive but in that specific one, it doesn't even throws an error message.

Have you ever got into one similar case? could you help me out on this?

any advice again will be well received!!

thanks again in advance.

FelipeC
Re: USB port not recognizing any device
April 04, 2015 12:47PM
hardware fault most likely
April 04, 2015 03:58PM
Depending on what else you have connected via USB or if you have a SATA drive connected, you might be using too much current. I would try removing all other devices and then see if the rear port works. Remember the V4 only has a 2 amp PS so if you connect a 2.5" HD to it, there isn't much left over for USB power.
April 04, 2015 04:03PM
Agreed, I think hardware. Not much we can do about it other than openning it up and look for for any obvious defect, if any.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
April 05, 2015 06:15PM
So it doesn't has to do specifically with anything on the configuration? i mean, if one usb port fails the other should fail too right?
So nothing to do...well i will try to fix it with another alternative like an additional hub or something! thanks!!

FelipeC
April 05, 2015 06:28PM
FelipeC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So it doesn't has to do specifically with anything
> on the configuration? i mean, if one usb port
> fails the other should fail too right?

USB drives are automatically populated when the system is booting. If there is some hardware, i.e. physical, problem then one port might not show up but others still do.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.