there is a "Hello World" Demo which can be run like this:-

=> loads
## Ready for S-Record download ...
~>examples/hello_world.srec
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...
[file transfer complete]
[connected]
## Start Addr = 0x00040000

I'm trying to work through some of the examples at https://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootCommandLineInterface just to get some idea about what u-Boot can actually do, but the above example didn't work for me. Did I do something wrong?
Re: "Hello World" Demo
July 25, 2017 01:14PM
That is a module that was probably not selected to save space. Did you compile the u-boot and have it turned on to compile it or use an existing one which was more than likely turned off to save space from unneeded modules?
July 25, 2017 03:00PM
feas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is a module that was probably not selected to
> save space. Did you compile the u-boot and have it
> turned on to compile it or use an existing one whi
> ch was more than likely turned off to save space f
> rom unneeded modules?

I didn't compile it, I'm just trying to familiarise myself with an existing u-boot environment, by trying things out...
July 25, 2017 04:04PM
You need to pay attention to the following text found on the denx.de site you referenced:
"Please note that U-Boot is highly configurable, so not all of these commands may be available in the configuration of U-Boot installed on your hardware, or additional commands may exist. You can use the help command to print a list of all available commands for your configuration."
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.