Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update Rescue System?

Posted by muzy 
muzy
Update Rescue System?
September 24, 2010 05:46AM
Hello,

I've problem with my current dockstar setup. So far I've installed the rescue system (the date should be somewhere around the 15th of September) and now I tried to install debian squeeze with this script http://jeff.doozan.com/debian/dockstar.debian-squeeze.sh

The problem is that I have no USB Stick with a bootable debian (and no image to prepare one) and the rescue system cannot install a new debian squeeze. So is there a way to update the rescue system so that this is suitable to install a new debian squeeze?

Here are the last lines of the dockstar.debian-squeeze.sh script:

Connecting to ftp.us.debian.org (35.9.37.225:80)
debootstrap.deb 100% |*************************************************************************************************************************| 57464 00:00:00 ETA
rw-r--r-- 0/0 4 May 19 08:35 2010 debian-binary
ar: can't open 'debian-binary': File exists
tar: invalid option -- z
BusyBox v1.17.1 (2010-09-15 13:07:46 EDT) multi-call binary.

Usage: tar -[cxtvO] [-X FILE] [-f TARFILE] [-C DIR] [FILE]...

Create, extract, or list files from a tar file

Operation:
c Create
x Extract
t List
Options:
f Name of TARFILE ('-' for stdin/out)
C Change to DIR before operation
v Verbose
O Extract to stdout
h Follow symlinks
exclude File to exclude
X File with names to exclude
T File with names to include

mv: can't rename './usr/sbin/debootstrap': No such file or directory
mv: can't rename './usr/share/debootstrap': No such file or directory
# checking for /usr/share/debootstrap/pkgdetails...

# Installing /usr/share/debootstrap/pkgdetails...
Connecting to jeff.doozan.com (69.163.187.226:80)
wget: can't open '/usr/share/debootstrap/pkgdetails.md5': No such file or directory
Connecting to jeff.doozan.com (69.163.187.226:80)
wget: can't open '/usr/share/debootstrap/pkgdetails.md5': No such file or directory
## Could not install /usr/share/debootstrap/pkgdetails from http://jeff.doozan.com/debian/pkgdetails, exiting.
Re: Update Rescue System?
September 24, 2010 06:03AM
Well I did more research and found the reason why some of the build in tools are failing, such as blparam:

rescue:/usr/sbin# ldd blparam
checking sub-depends for 'not found'
checking sub-depends for '/lib/libpthread.so.0'
libc.so.0 => /lib//libc.so.0 (0x4000e000)
ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib//ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x40000000)
librt.so.1 => not found (0x00000000)
libdl.so.2 => not found (0x00000000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x00000000)
libc.so.6 => not found (0x00000000)
/lib//ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib//ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x00000000)

Can someone help me by providing an usb image (created with dd or so) with a debian squeeze which is suitable to be booted with a dockstar?
September 24, 2010 11:33AM
Don't worry about blparam, the script is expecting it to fail unless you're using the original Pogoplug environment.

It looks like your error is related to unpacking the debootstrap package. Delete /tmp/debootstrap and try again.

-- Jeff
September 26, 2010 07:53AM
Well that did not work too - the solution was to install a new rescue system (with the help of the full functional usb stick of a friend who also owns a dockstar) and then I was able to install a new debian.

If someone has the same issue I can provide an image with a debian squeeze (created with dd of a 4G usb stick).

-muzy-
Acipenser
December 06, 2010 10:15AM
Hi muzy,

I've got the same issue. Could you or somebody else please provide me a dd-image?

With best regards,
Acipenser
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.