Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

pogo e02 boots usb but doesn't get network dhcpcd not requesting

Posted by wxtofly 
I have tried everything I could find to get the pogoplug to be directly connected to the internet while booting from usb.

It does fine booting from the original firmware.

Attempts with both Debian and Arch have give the same result. The pogoplug boots.
Wireshark shows that it starts broadcasting for DHCP discovery, is offered DHCP but it never gets around to the next REQUEST and ACK. When the original firmware runs, the DISCOVERY OFFER REQUEST ACK sequence is fairly quick.

I have been unsuccessful getting a netconsole connection, or a serial usb connection, but rebooting to pogoware, I can re mount the usb and look at the logs that had been generated.

I have also been unable to decipher the exact sequence that happens when debootstrap installs a package. It would seem that should be easy, but there are several steps in the chain. If someone could tell me the manual steps to say download, ar, tar the files to the appropriate place that would be great. I'd try another dhcp client other than dhcpcd.

Any other solutions would be appreciated. The critical part of this is that when finally setup, the pogo will not be on any LAN. only the big wide internet.

Thanks
TJ wxtofly
http://wxtofly.home.comcast.net/
Sorry I put this in the wrong forum... is there a way to move it? TJ
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.