Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to... Rescue System on Dockstar running ArchLinux

Posted by hockeyrulesx4 
How to... Rescue System on Dockstar running ArchLinux
October 19, 2011 11:30AM
Hello,

I've had ArchLinuxARM (and PlugBox Linux prior) on a Dockstar for the past year and just recently saw these posts about Jeff's Rescue System V2.

I currently run ArchLinuxARM from a USB stick and have a 1 TB external drive attached to one of the other USB ports. I had a USB stick go bad on me a while back and the Dockstar would boot into the old plugOS (without trying to phone home), so I was able to reinstall ArchLinuxARM on a new USB stick. Does this replace this old plugOS bootup?

Can I install the Rescue System by unplugging both the USB stick and 1 TB drive, rebooting into plugOS, and then downloading and running the install script or should the install script be run when the Dockstar is booted into ArchLinuxARM with the USB stick and 1 TB drive attached.

Thanks!
Re: How to... Rescue System on Dockstar running ArchLinux
October 20, 2011 04:40AM
I"ve got three Dockstars running ARMedSlack, all with the rescue system. The rescue system will replace the stock plug OS. I installed the rescue system first so I did not have any usb sticks or drives connected when running the rescue system's installer script. I just booted into the stock plug os and followed Jeff's instructions from there.
October 20, 2011 02:33PM
Thanks. I'll disconnect them and give it a shot.
April 29, 2012 01:34PM
I flashed the RescueSystem v2 directly from ArchLinux ARM!
May 10, 2012 06:42AM
How ?
May 12, 2012 04:50PM
Just following the Instructions from Jeff at the RescueSystemv2 Thread!
cyb
July 26, 2012 01:42PM
Can I do this also with a GoFlex Net running Archlinux on a SATA HDD?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.