Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Headless Debian Wheezy armhf with nand install

Posted by guillaume 
Re: Headless Debian Wheezy armhf with nand install
December 07, 2012 12:46AM
Last 2 weeks running the mele with the Headless Debian Wheezy armhf on nand. And saw some issues on the memory usages. After added 512 mb swap partition it seems to run more stable no error in messages and syslog regarding lack resources and suddenly quiting processes. Without the swap partition had some troubles with updatign freshclam update and cpan update. (running ispconfig ningx+posftix+dovecot)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2012 02:37AM by wimmie.
December 17, 2012 05:47PM
Hi guillaume !

I've just got my Mele A2000G and trying to move my ZoneMInder to it. I'm using your Minimal armhf Wheezy image and booted in just seconds. Great work !!!

Ive seen you are running a Mele's farm. Were you able to boot from the SATA disks ? Or, at a minimum, boot from MMC/NAND and mount the SATA as the rootfs ??

Your help will be greatly appreciated !!

Alberto
February 12, 2013 08:31AM
After months of hard work I managed to install and configure everything I needed on it, and I have to say these images made it a very stable home server :)

Thanks to PIMP_MY_MELE everything is booting and working straight from the NAND partition, so I would like to backup the whole installation into a SD card to make sure I can get it back to work is case I will mess it up.

Is it possibile?
February 14, 2013 07:28PM
I guess:
dd if=/dev/nand of=/dev/SDXorMMCBLK0P1

------------------------------------------------------------
My A10 tablet (Point Of View [NL] ProTab2XXL 10" ICS)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.