Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

latest stable kernel version & branch on GIT

Posted by hyena 
latest stable kernel version & branch on GIT
January 16, 2013 06:38PM
Hi,

whats the latest stable GIT kernel branch for the mele (taking the sata clock fix in to account) that i can use to compile a kernel .. there are so many branches now i havnt a clue which to use to compile a new stable kernel (time for an update so see if things have improved any in the last few months) ... rootfs is gonna be armhf wheezy & SATA needs to work

thx

ian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2013 06:39PM by hyena.
Re: latest stable kernel version & branch on GIT
January 17, 2013 12:18PM
Stable? For the A10????

I don't have any A10 devices anymore. Thus I can't comment on the current stability of the kernels. But the linux-sunxi main sunxi-3.0 branch is usually the "stable" one.

The 3.4 branch is likely still useless. The others are all some type of development branch.

Current kernel version is 3.0.57 according to the commits. SATA seemed to work okay in 3.0.42 kernel I last used. According to the commit log the only SATA change since the 3.0.42 tag was a clock fix by guillaume. Almost all other linux-sunxi changes since then have been video related.

It would be helpful for others to get more comments on the stability of the current version, and the video performance.
January 18, 2013 02:15AM
Ask on IRC for quick info: http://linux-sunxi.org/IRC

------------------------------------------------------------
My A10 tablet (Point Of View [NL] ProTab2XXL 10" ICS)
January 20, 2013 01:40PM
not worth the waste of time of dealing with he agro/attitudes there ..

i'll stick with what i have which works o.k.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.