> Converter/371583704587?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2
> 109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D
> 2%26asc%3D38846%26meid%3D3465a31828b24c39acdebfa57
> 8010dc9%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D24%26mehot
> %3Dag%26sd%3D401176678834]these?[/url] The switch
> on the side for PAL/NTSC might be worth the extra
> pennies, but I dont' know.
>
> -update- I didn't notice lack of free shipping...
> Still.
>
I did, but it gives me problem and the seller refunded all my money. The problem is suddenly the TV will go out of sync in the middle of watching a movie. This did not happen on the 1st few days when I received the adapter. I don't know if this has anything to do with the 1080p mode on my Android Display setting.
Re: Hackable Quad Core with 1 Gb ram and 8gb storage
October 18, 2016 03:36PM
Back to the original topic, has anyone tried hacking this box? It's obtainable in the US for $30 including shipping, and has the specs to carry out lightweight tasks.

Pretty sure you have to solder pins for UART. That's about the only concern that could make it a drag.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
October 21, 2016 02:15PM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Back to the original topic, has anyone tried
> hacking this box? It's obtainable in the US for
> $30 including shipping, and has the specs to carry
> out lightweight tasks.
>
> Pretty sure you have to solder pins for UART.
> That's about the only concern that could make it a
> drag.

See Armbian for a custom Debian solution for this box that is also available for Arm7 and Arm8 based ARM Development Boards.
October 22, 2016 02:01PM
rayknight Wrote:
> See
> Armbian
> for a custom Debian solution for this box that
> is also available for Arm7 and Arm8 based ARM
> Development Boards.

That's great to know - any idea which hardware they used int he video? I ask because it was 2GB RAM and that sounds mighty fine to me.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
October 22, 2016 10:26PM
habibie Wrote:
> JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > habibie Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> >
> > >. The next thing for me is to get this HDMI Male to 5 RCA RGB cable and see if the video on my old analog TV set will improve through its DVI ports than the A/V port.
> >
> >
> > Didn't you get one of these? The switch on the side for PAL/NTSC might be worth the extra pennies, but I dont' know.
> >
> > -update- I didn't notice lack of free
> shipping...
> > Still.
> >
> I did, but it gives me problem and the seller refunded all my money. The problem is suddenly the TV will go out of sync in the middle of watching a movie. This did not happen on the 1st few days when I received the adapter. I don't know if this has anything to do with the 1080p mode on my Android Display setting.
>
Some update to the above. About a month ago, I did perform a factory reset. Since then, my unit has been playing sans any crashes in the middle of watching a movie. So far, so good. I guess it is safe to say there was some corruptions in some of the configuration files that caused the unit to crash.
October 23, 2016 11:01PM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> That's great to know - any idea which hardware
> they used int he video? I ask because it was 2GB
> RAM and that sounds mighty fine to me.

I believe that the Cubietech Cubietruck was used in the video as it is one of the few Allwinner A20 devices with 2GB RAM available.

Ray
October 24, 2016 11:33PM
rayknight Wrote:
> JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> > That's great to know - any idea which hardware
> > they used int he video? I ask because it was
> 2GB
> > RAM and that sounds mighty fine to me.
>
> I believe that the Cubietech Cubietruck was used
> in the video as it is one of the few Allwinner A20
> devices with 2GB RAM available.
>
> Ray

Well thanks for that; I look for the day some small device like that is $25-30 apiece. At the $50+ price point I'd be inclined for a fanless quadcore x64 motherboard combo with RAM slots. But the device mentioned first in this topic isn't bad for $30 US all things considered.

To reiterate: between the level of a router with DDWRT and 4MB RAM and the device leading this topic, I've got that area taken care of for YEARS with 4 varying Pogoplugs (and my thanks here to many members is heartfelt). The next level up for me involves 1-2 GB RAM, 2GB being the RAM numbers my ThinClient LOVES but it's a unicore and there's the bottleneck.

So I look forward to the day everyone here has a party like the Pogoplug party was. Two years ago I was ten years behind schedule and with small computers helping out, I'm up to five years behind schedule :-D

-update- no I've only been here a year. I don't know why I said two years, because it didn't drag by that bad lol

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2016 11:36PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
December 04, 2016 01:09PM
I see this. But now china prices http://www.china-prices.com/tvbox-versus/6687-7141/sunvell-t95x-vs-guleek-glk200 sell this 34$. I hope they will less the price. But this phone is Worse usability. So i think another company phone. But if you want you can try it also.
December 07, 2016 08:17AM
habibie Wrote:
> Now, GearBest has this
> [url=http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_415
> 027.html]Sunvell T95X Amlogic S905X Android TV Box
> - 1GB + 8GB EU PLUG[/url] on sale for US $24.99
> + Free S/H to any US address. This offer will last
> until 8/8/16. If you are interested, grab it
> before the offer is gone.

Thanks to Gravelrash
I was searching on the net for the reviews of this device, found some great ones here [url]http://www.china-prices.com/tvbox/6687/sunvell-t95x[/url]
I was about to buy it, by the way thanks for sharing this valuable information
December 07, 2016 08:19AM
Thanks to Gravelrash
I was searching on the internet about its reviews, found some good ones too here http://www.china-prices.com/tvbox/6687/sunvell-t95x
I was about to buy this, by the way thanks for sharing this information
December 07, 2016 08:23AM
habibie Wrote:
> Now, GearBest has this
> [url=http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_415
> 027.html]Sunvell T95X Amlogic S905X Android TV Box
> - 1GB + 8GB EU PLUG[/url] on sale for US $24.99
> + Free S/H to any US address. This offer will last
> until 8/8/16. If you are interested, grab it
> before the offer is gone.

Thanks to Gravelrash!
I was searching on the internet for its reviews. Found some good ones too [url]http://www.china-prices.com/tvbox/6687/sunvell-t95x[/url]
Thanks for sharing this information
December 07, 2016 08:56PM
Me too, thanks to Gravelrash. I know I want one of these it's just a matter of when. I researched this a bit and love the boot mechanism that tries to load D card and when one isn't there can go into Android - not my favorite OS but it's something (and by now there's a few Android apps I could install to get me through the night), and then get the SD card and flash.

What about sound though? I bought a sound bar at a thrift store, my 2nd one, plugs into most Dell monitors, but I don't suppose 1/8th" stereo plug has a place to plug in does it?

* this Thin Client I'm on now, I've been using worn-out 3.5" drives till they expire, and am happy to say I went through 3 of them this year. But one had my Beelink X2 research so I lost it.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
December 24, 2016 03:18PM
A Christmas miracle happened! Could GravelClaus and his sleigh with 4-cores have waived my lack of chimney in favor of a mailbox? This happened right after my spoil-sport sister, whose sleigh is drawn with 4 ex husbands (I didn't like saying it but that's the truth) tried to ruin my Christmas. Thank you thank you thank you :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
December 26, 2016 02:07AM
Well good news, it works! At first the stock Android displays to HDMI TV @ 720p and computer monitors but the Armbian's HDMI only displayed on the TV. And then the beginnings of the lines were not visible and I never could set password, but luckily remembered SSH and from there it was a breeze. It said Desktop was on, so I went back to TV which it displays real good now. It's not my TV either so I had to run around LOL

About the only thing I need to work out is to make it display on anything, which it very well could -update- not it still doesn't display on computer monitors for some reason. But for now it's got my Samsung EVO in it and actually works with a Mac keyboard and a mouse plugged into the keyboard, as macs used to. Also Logitech wireless instantly.

Obviously I'd like to see if Reaper will run and also FileZilla because for insane large up/downloads FZ requires a head of some kind. then another SDCard with maybe Server version and see if that can accomplish my Doomsday neighborhood server - so many things to do with the extra power that's above Pogo's pay grade LOL

Well GC I won't let this go to waste, and after my pennies swing one more hard drive I'll get two more of these for spares, knock on wood. Your timing was beyond perfect, Christmas Eve... and my password assures I'll never forget who the real Claus is :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2016 03:21AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
December 27, 2016 05:18AM
@Joey - glad you like the box. over on the armbian forums, there is a wealth of information around what you are discussing/requiring to do. probably best to post or cross post your questions there. With the caveat that you do a writeup about your experiences here so all may benefit. i would suggest that they are posted in the A10 section of the forum.

remember: without Bodhi / JeffD most of what we enjoy wouldn't be possible, so A BIG THANK YOU TO THEM and also A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS FORUM from me.

Peace and Respect to all

Gravelrash
December 27, 2016 11:21AM
December 28, 2016 01:41AM
Gravelrash Wrote:

> With the caveat that you do a writeup about your
> experiences here so all may benefit. i would
> suggest that they are posted in the A10 section of
> the forum.
>
> remember: without Bodhi /
> JeffD most of what we enjoy wouldn't be possible,
> so A BIG THANK YOU TO THEM and also A BIG THANK
> YOU TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS FORUM from me.
>
> Peace and Respect to all
>
> Gravelrash

Right now I'm reading up and becoming acquainted with what needs to be done, wrapping up current projects around the weekend. Just now I had a flash, to use those super cheap USB "soundcards" just to output any audio instead of messing with SPDIF. The reason is I'll accelerate my penny-making and do all I can to snap up two more X2s by Jan 20th and then mess with SPDIF when I have the luxury. On the meantime my monitor soundbars will take the USB soundcard output even if the sound quality is low, no problem, it's temporary. Then I'll use two as Armbian and one stock as Android.

So a couple things on my mind I'll either ask you as a question or write it out as I'm thinking about it:
1. What's an inexpensive USB-audio "plug with a headphone jack" that Linux likes natively, and
2. Will the OTG USB-A plug accept regular hubs or anything regular? I've got a nice little OTG octopus with female A-plugs but the male part is either micro or mini I think, not large A-type USB.

As for Bodhi and Jeff D, I figured you were minting coins of them with that 6-ton press.. :-)
Linux Mint Coin (audience boos me, "shaddap" LOL)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2016 01:45AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
December 28, 2016 03:00AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:

> 1. What's an inexpensive USB-audio "plug with a
> headphone jack" that Linux likes natively,

This is the typical SYBA adapter that people use on Linux (I have this in my cart for a long time but have not need to buy it):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MSS6CS

You might be abe to find it cheaper on eBay.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
December 28, 2016 05:13AM
i have bought a couple similar from "the bay of fleas" for £1. and i have to say that the audio is "acceptable" whilst definitely not of audiophile quality :))
December 28, 2016 01:28PM
Gravelrash Wrote:
> i have bought a couple similar from "the bay of
> fleas" for £1. and i have to say that the audio
> is "acceptable" whilst definitely not of
> audiophile quality :))

Those look perfect for the job at hand. Good enough to hear sound events and listen to a tutorial.

I'm only audiophile when it's classic music recorded in million-dollar rooms with Grammy winners on priceless mics and all that.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
December 28, 2016 10:58PM
Some updates for you for what it's worth:

With X2/Armbian's HDMI plugged into a DVI monitor (which displayed nothing), I SSH'ed the following command:

h3disp -m 720p60 -d
It told me to reboot, I did and it monitors great now! That simple. I haven't tried this back to a TV, but I somehow doubt it'll work without a similar command.

@ Gravelrash over at the forum at Armbian.com I registered and made my first post, which needs moderator approval to get the ball rolling. I just wanted to start a general topic about the Beelink X2 because there's not much there, and so far I don't think they approved it.

For now i'm blown away with this. Putting in meat & potato stuff like VLC, a PDF reader and maybe Reaper.

Also of note the card I imaged is formatted as Ext4. I imagine they know what they're doing.

Hey I may as well go the extra mile and ask you guys, if there's Linux apps you think are perfect for this hardware? I might put Gimp on for lightweight image stuff. The temptation to put Tux racing is strong too, but you can never get enough CPU power LOL

C'mon you guys with jing - get one of these Beelink X2's - you know we are in a sweet spot in history where parts and SOCs are inexpensive - certainly for the next month, after which there's uncertainty with global trade and besides this is too cool. And because Linux manages RAM better and no need for antivirus, all the RAM I've used isn't more than Pogoplug's 128 MB! There's a LOT of ram left over for apps and whatnot!

Unbelievable with a Samsung Evo 32GB :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2016 03:16AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
December 29, 2016 03:28PM
@Joey: Does your TV Box boots up Linux with GUI?
December 29, 2016 03:52PM
@Joey - the mods are probably enjoying some family time in this season of goodwill to all

@habibie - yes there is an image to make it boot into a full GUI desktop.

I have run a full desktop exerience on the 512Mb devices. so the 1Gb+ should be a breeze.
December 29, 2016 04:54PM
habibie Wrote:
> @Joey: Does your TV Box boots up Linux with GUI?

Yes once you have a microSD that has an image flashed, it was that easy. First post up top in this topic click the bottom link.

I had strange luck today in that a neighbor gave me little bonus for Windows computer maintenance basically and I went out of breath to get PayPal and one more Beelink X2, a TV tuner and two x $1 USB soundcards :)

So knock on wood I'll have two Beelinks here running Armbian and not rest until I swing a 3rd for stock Android.Very good stuff to learn in the dead of winter. Education: priceless. And soon I'm the neighborhood Beelink/TV box evangelist.

I've got 11 cents in my PayPal and it feels GREAT!

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
December 31, 2016 04:16PM
All,

This topic has become relevant. Want to move this to the proper forum (we have Allwinner A10 devices forum below)? Gravelrash can modify the first post to make it formal.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2016 04:19PM by bodhi.
December 31, 2016 05:24PM
bodhi Wrote:
> All,
>
> This topic has become relevant. Want to move this
> to the proper forum (we have Allwinner A10 devices
> forum below)? Gravelrash can modify the first post
> to make it formal.

Sounds great - but there's one thing I can't figure out. I keep seeing H3 here but is that the CPU or ... ?

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
January 02, 2017 06:49AM
bodhi Wrote:
> All,
>
> This topic has become relevant. Want to move this
> to the proper forum (we have Allwinner A10 devices
> forum below)? Gravelrash can modify the first post
> to make it formal.

@bodhi - please feel free to modify / move any of the posts i make. you have my full and unreserved permission to do so to this topic
January 02, 2017 11:46AM
Gravelrash Wrote:

> @bodhi - please feel free to modify / move any of
> the posts i make. you have my full and unreserved
> permission to do so to this topic

Me too. What starts off as casual (and IMO quality) conversation in my case ends up a terrible waste until it's compiled.
Like when we overclocked the Pogo Mobile. I posted a hair too many. Maybe a suggestion to Admin is give members ability to delete our own posts.

As we go from exploratory mode to compiling mode right? :-) Save a newb's eyesight.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
January 02, 2017 03:40PM
I thought this box is of interest to more than one forum members so it may be we should move it to the Allwinner subforum. As for me, ATM, I really don't have time to play with another box :)

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
January 02, 2017 06:31PM
>
> Me too. What starts off as casual (and IMO
> quality) conversation in my case ends up a
> terrible waste until it's compiled.
> Like when we overclocked the Pogo Mobile. I posted
> a hair too many. Maybe a suggestion to Admin is
> give members ability to delete our own posts
>

It is not possible to do this. You can always delete everything and say "Deleted".

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.