Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rescue System

Posted by Jeff 
Stéphane ANCELOT
Re: Rescue System
July 09, 2013 03:45PM
Hi,
I managed to boot an a10 flytouch / superpad tablet.

however, I noticed it was not always booting , depending on the way I setted up the wifi setup files...why ? I do not have
console so I can not watch what is happening when it goes wrong.

when it has worked, using ssh through wifi, when I type a command, I have to type enter twice in order the command being accepted ! ? looks like some irq conflicts ? a strange behavour since it happens only when validating cmd in the shell.

I have also seen lot of power save messages for the wifi chip. (looks like it goes from normal to power save very often)

I
Regards.

steph.
July 10, 2013 01:30AM
Hacking an a10 tablet is extremly painful and sub-standard IHMO mostly causes by insufficient diagnostic means, most particular missing tty lines and an insufficiently documented (i.e. only "leaked") multi-stage boot and setup process. Additionally, vendors produce small charges of very different tablets, so that no proper reference tablet is available to focus joint hacking.

I for one actually stopped a project with my tablet as things came out to be too weakly defined, means unstable, to apply the usual incremental process, although i can sometimes boot the rescue system, which is very good, though i needed a modified kernel and uboot/spi. I've now ordered a Cubieboard hoping to be able to work on a more defined basis before returning to the tablet.

A few weeks ago, i talked to the KDE developers on a convention, who are eager to improve the Plasma on tablets and badly miss a reference tablet, too. IMO the a10 could in general be a good platform for freeware development, but for now, one still has to walk on thin ice for every such tablet in my experience.

--
My tablet is a PROTAB2-IPS9
August 24, 2013 01:33AM
hao write hooks to automate recovery?
nicinuse
February 24, 2018 06:21AM
Hi there,
i know it is long time ago, but is there any chance for a re-upload? The download fails everytime, i am not able to build the rescue system on my own for many many build errors (based on quite old/new chain) and i am searching a way to install Debian jessie or some similar (maybe CentOS) server OS.
Thanks in advance!
February 28, 2018 04:56AM
Try here : http://linux-sunxi.org/Bootable_OS_images

nicinuse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi there,
> i know it is long time ago, but is there any
> chance for a re-upload? The download fails
> everytime, i am not able to build the rescue
> system on my own for many many build errors (based
> on quite old/new chain) and i am searching a way
> to install Debian jessie or some similar (maybe
> CentOS) server OS.
> Thanks in advance!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.