Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Android apps conspire against you

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Android apps conspire against you
April 08, 2017 01:56AM
I'm sure nobody is surprised to learn, it's popular for Android apps to work in tandom, for instance one app requires elevated privilages and another takes advantage of said elevation.

The reason this is important, is because many hardware boxes we use start with Android, such as the Beelink X2, and I've never run mine "online" - Armbian yes, but I was waiting to run my android through an excellent firewall for Windows called Net Limiter, to see what gets past an Android firewall. I'll bet many things slip by quite nicely.

Here is the Atlantic article: When Apps Secretly Team Up to Steal Your Data

As Gravelrash said, Android is an entertainment OS and that article shows it's almost 1-in-4 popular apps that are corrupt!
It's not that I have naive trust that Google is so faultless to be unaware of that either - but that's their problem.

So hopefully that article will help friends of mine and yours to get off the dangerous OS that can be improved with Armbian or Debian or anything else really.

What do you think about that article?

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.