Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Radio Shack raid

Posted by feas 
Radio Shack raid
May 07, 2017 10:50PM
So went into the local Radio Shack that was closing and raided all the small electrical components that were left today. The regular retail price was $540 and got 204 items for $75. Sorting thru them now to see what I can make sets of to put in the kids arduino kits. Will post what I have after if anyone finds they have a need for something but you may want to have a look locally too.
Re: Radio Shack raid
May 08, 2017 03:49AM
Dont we all missed the good old days of browsing Radio Shacks and JC Witney paper catelogs :)

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
May 08, 2017 07:00AM
bodhi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dont we all missed the good old days of browsing Radio Shacks and JC Witney paper catelogs :)
>
Yes. RadioShack was the only king of a locally available electronics store with a limited source. Most of its staff members were very arrogant: If you don't see it, we don't carry it! At least they could have done was to offer an alternative solution: You may try this or that.
May 08, 2017 04:16PM
feas that's awesome, especially that you set a goal and the floodgates open as though it were especially for you and the kids. I might start a new goals list tonight because of it.

I'd like to know more about Radio Shack's association with Realistic. In the 80's I traded for a Realistic synthesizer that was a full clone of a Mini Moog. You could exactly replicate the helicopter on Dark Side of the Moon. After a few years I got irritated with it going out of tune, and it turned out that's normal. More recent Moog synthesizers have crude heating and cooling mechanisms surrounding the transistors to keep the temperature even so they stay in tune. I'd have kept mine you know :-/

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.