Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seagate Wireless Plus (USB Only) running Amapche?

Posted by jeffkennedy5 
Seagate Wireless Plus (USB Only) running Amapche?
March 26, 2015 01:49PM
Does anyone here have any experience working with the Seagate Wireless Plus device? It has an ARMv7 cpu, and there is an ARM build for Amapche mentioned on an Arch Linux site.... I'm pretty new to trying to repurpose these small devices, and only slightly more seasoned in working with Linux desktop environments. If anyone can provide any advice on how I might get Ampache running on this device, or can point me to some information to get me started, I'd appreciate it!
Re: Seagate Wireless Plus (USB Only) running Amapche?
March 28, 2015 01:26AM
The package is here https://packages.debian.org/wheezy-backports/ampache

which can be easily installed by running a simple command

apt-get install ampache.

Tips:
If you are going to install MySQL then install it separately and make sure to enable swap files. If it freezes during install then just reboot and it'll complete the instlall.

If you wish to install a complete tweaked LAMP / LNMP server then use TuxLite (use github method)
You must manually override the script to avoid MySQL removal which is easy.
http://tuxlite.com/installation/
Re: Seagate Wireless Plus (USB Only) running Amapche?
March 28, 2015 02:24PM
Apt-get doesn't work after I telnet into this device with root/goflex for some reason. It has BusyBox installed on it, but I'm not sure why apt-get isn't recognized. Any idea what I can do to get Apt-get to work on this device?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2015 02:25PM by jeffkennedy5.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.