Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FreePBX12 (IncrediblePBX) and Asterisk 13 on Pogoplug Pro V3

Posted by LeggoMyEggo 
FreePBX12 (IncrediblePBX) and Asterisk 13 on Pogoplug Pro V3
March 29, 2016 03:00PM
It works and not that badly. It takes a little over 4 hours to compile, here are some preliminary instructions. Note this may FUBAR your working image so be prepared to have to redo it if something goes wrong.

Note: These scripts are based on the NerdVittles IncrediblePBX 12 GUI - Asterisk 13 script for Debian Raspian WHEEZY (NerdVittles Tutorial for IPBX 12 GUI - Asterisk 13) and the credit for the ingredients is all NV's. I have simply modified it slightly to make it compatible with bohdi's Debian fork.

WORK IN PROGRESS........................

Assumptions:
1. You are using a minium 8Gb flash drive with Sandisk Ultra Fit 3.0 preferred.

2. You have followed Qui's blog post on converting the Pogoplug V3 (pci or no-pci) to run bodhi's Debian here: Hacking the Pogoplug V3 Oxnas Pro and Classic

3. You have updated to the latest 4.1.0 Debian as outlined here: bodhi's Debian 4.1.0 Update. As part of this process, don't forget to dpkg the new linux headers.

4. You have enable a min 256MB swap file using the following instructions (Note: A swap file is mandatory in order for mysql and apache to run correctly):
root@debian:~# cd /var
root@debian:/var# touch swap.img
root@debian:/var# chmod 600 swap.img
root@debian:/var# dd if=/dev/zero of=/var/swap.img bs=1024k count=256
256+0 records in
256+0 records out
268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 34.1775 s, 7.9 MB/s
root@debian:/var# mkswap /var/swap.img
Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 262140 KiB
no label, UUID=1a4bf641-d049-476d-9d3b-e7a0dcc4b614
root@debian:/var# swapon /var/swap.img
root@debian:/var# echo "/var/swap.img    none    swap    sw    0    0" >> /etc/fstab

5. You have available a working USB bluetooth adapter which is needed if you want to use chan_mobile as a trunk for Asterisk.

The attached scripts build the system and you must executed the first script first - this is the one that builds Asterisk. Note that this script does an update and then reboots. Simply re-run the first script after the reboot. The second script builds FreePBX as well as enables Webmin, Iptables, Fail2ban and all the other typical Incredible PBX Functions.

Executing the scripts running as root:

1. Download both scripts and place them in your /root folder.
2. In the root folder execute 'chmod a+x Part*'
3. Run the first script './Part_1*'
4. The script will run unattended after the first re-boot until you need to configure menuselect. Be cognizant of how to make selections as you don't want to save prematurely. When done making selections, tab to save and continue.
5. The first script will take at least 3 hours to compile and you should keep an eye on it periodically to make sure it keeps going. When it ends, it ends to a simple prompt. You can ignore the errors right when it ends.
6. To run the second script, it's simply './Part_2*'. This script takes approximately 45 minutes to run through. At the end of the script, there will be some port information and other setup information displayed and you should copy and paste it to a text file for future reference.
7. After the second script completes, you need to set the admin password for the GUI login. While in /root, execute './admin-pw-change' and pick your password. You can then log into your IPBX system at the http:\\youripaddress by clicking on the admin radio slider.

I'll be forthright in saying that everything might not work 100% so you will have to troubleshoot. Also be advised that this IS NOT an official fork of the IPBX script so don't look for much support from the NerdVittles / pbxinaflash.net folks. However, much of what applies as advise and forum posts for the other similar built systems applies here as well so you can use alot of it for help and guidance.

To be continued.................................

Edited 14 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2016 06:41AM by LeggoMyEggo.
Attachments:
open | download - Part_1_Asterisk_Install_IncrediblePBX13-12.sh (13.5 KB)
open | download - Part_2_Freepbx_After_Part_1-IncrediblePBX13-12.sh (27.8 KB)
Re: FreePBX12 (IncrediblePBX) and Asterisk 13 on Pogoplug Pro V3
March 29, 2016 03:16PM
...and a howto perhaps?...
March 29, 2016 03:25PM
Gravelrash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...and a howto perhaps?...

It won't be a hand holder....you will have to have some basic knowledge but I will do best I can.
March 29, 2016 05:51PM
Gravelrash Wrote:
> ...and a howto perhaps?...

There is a really good howto Asterisk here in this forum. Twinclouds?

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
March 29, 2016 05:53PM
LeggoMyEggo Wrote:
> It won't be a hand holder....you will have to have
> some basic knowledge but I will do best I can.

I and i guess many others dont expect that level of detail - its not a rpi forum :)

but something that we can crib to make lives easier and add to bodhi's wiki is always a step in the right direction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2016 05:54PM by Gravelrash.
March 29, 2016 06:00PM
Gravelrash Wrote:
> LeggoMyEggo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It won't be a hand holder....you will have to
> have
> > some basic knowledge but I will do best I can.
>
> I and i guess many others dont expect that level
> of detail - its not a rpi forum :)

You're damn right :)

>
> but something that we can crib to make lives
> easier and add to bodhi's wiki is always a step in
> the right direction.

Gravelrash, could you search the forum, I forgot to bookmark that tutorial.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
March 29, 2016 06:10PM
bodhi Wrote:

> Gravelrash, could you search the forum, I forgot
> to bookmark that tutorial.

Colour me stupid - but which one are you referring to?

ah you mean this one? linky

Leggo - sorry to hijack your post

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2016 06:39PM by Gravelrash.
March 30, 2016 06:08PM
Gravelrash Wrote:
> Leggo - sorry to hijack your post

My commando's have stormed the plane, disabled the bomb, subdued the hijacker(s) and rescued the hostages.

In other words, see changes in the OP.
March 31, 2016 04:28AM
Thanks Leggo and Gravelrash!

Pimp Your Pogoplug (PYP) :))

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
March 31, 2016 07:45AM
bodhi Wrote:
> Thanks Leggo and Gravelrash!
>
> Pimp Your Pogoplug (PYP) :))

No thanks needed in my direction, ALL the hard work and input is Leggo's

KUDOS to LeggomyEggo
March 31, 2016 07:52AM
Looking for feedback for both the pre-made image and the scripts.

Thanks,
LME
March 31, 2016 07:57AM
@Leggo
Gimme a week and i will get back to you on that request - im not at my toybox till then
March 31, 2016 08:46AM
FYI, I tried the same scripts on the HP T5325 and they worked as well. Should work on the E02 but it might be too slow on V4/Mobile. Your rootfs needs to be Wheezy and you should still create a swap file. Believe it or not, the GUI performance on the Pro is better than on Kirkwood even though the Pro has less memory and "slower" CPU. As bodhi has pointed out previously, must be dual core (Pro) vs single core (Kirkwood) issue.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2016 08:51AM by LeggoMyEggo.
March 31, 2016 02:03PM
Wow that looks fantastic, something I'll try as a present to self if I make progress with current ToDo list.
Maybe I can ask a couple questions and get out of your hair for now.

1. Recommend failsafe bluetooth adapter for PogoPro?
2. What are you using for interface? I imagined a cellphone with bluetooth and just use bluetooth and turn the WiMAX off. There's Trak Phones at St Vincent DePaul right now but I never checked the price.

I also have a Vonage box (plug in landline phone and output to ethernet) purchased from Salvation Army thrift store lately, but haven't dissected it.

Looking forward to a phone call. Yes I write like Shakespeare but talk like a hick. :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
March 31, 2016 03:00PM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> 1. Recommend failsafe bluetooth adapter for
> PogoPro?

If it's cheap, buy it. BT 4.0 adapter direct from Asia should cost less than $6.00 shipped.

> 2. What are you using for interface? I imagined a
> cellphone with bluetooth and just use bluetooth
> and turn the WiMAX off. There's Trak Phones at St
> Vincent DePaul right now but I never checked the
> price.

The PBX interfaces with both conventional cell phones via bluetooth and with USB GSM dongles that support voice calling. Either one of them or both at the same time can be used as trunks. Actually you can connect at least two cell phones via different bluetooth adapters and I've had up to 4 USB dongles connected to a similar system. It's a little bit complicated to set up. Multiple trunk GSM via SIP gateways are real big overseas as it can be much cheaper to make SIP to SIP to GSM gateway calls than it is calling a GSM number over conventional overseas long distance - many overseas Telco's charge high rates to call a cell phone from outside the country.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2016 03:06PM by LeggoMyEggo.
I wanted to chime in and let you know that I followed your instructions to install Incredible PBX on my Pogoplug Pro running Debian w/ Linux kernel 4.1 (fresh install). There were alot of errors that I saw while the scripts were running, mostly on 'part 2' however it seems everything turned out just fine when it was finished. I also added the Google Voice oauth2 patch and g729 codec without any issues. I do have an issue though with the CDR records as I don't see any at all via the 'CDR Reports' area in the admin interface nor the UCP interface. I do know that it is recording the calls as I wanted (I can see them on the file system and play them after I transfer to my desktop) and it's also recording CDR records in a CSV file.

Was there anything special that you needed to do in order for the CDR records to show up in the 'CDR Reports' or UCP areas?

There are more details on what I did to troubleshoot this issue at the Incredible PBX forum thread I created: http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/cdr-logs-not-showing-in-incredible-pbx-admin-panel-or-ucp.19537/

Any help would be appreciated :) Thank you!
June 17, 2016 02:37PM
Sure you have the date and time set correctly? I would make sure ntp is installed and also do a 'dpkg-reconfigure tzdata'.

Also, what were your mysquerril choices when in menuselect?

As a side note, I never understood why NV never created a generic Debian script. Any IPBX systems based on Debian they have created for the most part were images for the Pi and Pogoplug V4. I was fortunate that the one and only time they had a Debian script it was for the Pi and it was pretty easily modified for bodhi's Pro rootfs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2016 02:46PM by LeggoMyEggo.
June 19, 2016 08:08PM
Yes, that's usually one of the first things I do when I bring a new server online is run 'dpkg-reconfigure tzdata' to set the proper timezone (Central in my case), install NTP and verify the date/time with 'date'. Below is info I just collected while writing this post to confirm:

$ date
Sun Jun 19 20:02:32 CDT 2016
$ sudo /etc/init.d/ntp status
NTP server is running.

Below are the related items I chose to enable/compile for Asterisk in the menuselect menu:

----> Call Detail Recording
|----> Core
| |----+ cdr_adaptive_odbc
| |----+ cdr_custom
| |----+ cdr_manager
| |----+ cdr_syslog
|----> Extended
|----+ cdr_csv
|----+ cdr_odbc
|----+ cdr_sqlite3_custom

In the add-ons section, I do NOT have 'app_mysql' nor 'cdr_mysql' enabled due to them being listed as deprecated and replaced by ODBC equivalents. Let me know if that's not correct.

Also, I believe the ODBC portion in regards to the system is functioning as expected as I can access the database using the '$ isql -v MySQL-asteriskcdrdb' command successfully but issuing a 'select * from cdr;' indicates 0 rows and no data is shown, just the table column names.

With this info in mind, it seems to me the issue is somewhere between Asterisk and it's configuration to place information into the mysql 'asteriskcdrdb.cdr' DB table altogether via ODBC or some type of misconfiguration or missing component to make that happen.
June 19, 2016 09:53PM
silox Wrote:

> In the add-ons section, I do NOT have 'app_mysql'
> nor 'cdr_mysql' enabled due to them being listed
> as deprecated and replaced by ODBC equivalents.
> Let me know if that's not correct.

But you did enable res_config_mysql ? If so, I don't know what went wrong. I checked the script recently (less than a week ago) on a Pro running 4.0.0 bodhi Debian and CDR's seem to work correctly. The only problem I noted was the link to the Chan_SCCP download in Part 2 no longer works so you have revise that to d/l the latest version.

As a side note, I downloaded the incrediblefax11 script for the Raspberry Pi 2 / Wheezy and ran it after revising the contents to download Avantfax 3.3.5 instead of 3.3.3. The script runs fine but the available packaged iaxmodem will not run correctly either on Oxnas nor Kirkwood. I compiled the latest version of iaxmodem from source and copied it to usr/bin (over the packaged iaxmodem version) and everything works as it should. Speed wise, well, it's hit and miss with the added Avantfax GUI running there are many times where Ghostscript seems to bring the system to it's knees either converting the uploaded pdf for faxing out or converting the incoming faxes to pdf. I had better luck when I simply had a few IAX2 extensions as fax endpoints and used WinFaxPrint to send faxes to the plug from Windows desktop. But what do you want from a now 7 year old device that has 128MB of ram and dual core 32bit 850Mhz processors? It still tickles me that it works at all :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2016 09:54PM by LeggoMyEggo.
June 19, 2016 10:47PM
Yessir, I enabled that as well. I've made some progress since my last post. I came across a thread that helped me understand the OS and Asterisk ODBC hierarchy which I used to go through the relevant files, revise them and it now works (well, mostly). Honestly I don't know what I did differently as I feel like I already made the changes I did but who knows, I tried all kinds of variations :P

It's now logging to the 'cdr' table in the 'asteriskcdrdb' database however I'm still getting the following error in the Asterisk logs:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[2016-06-19 21:37:40] WARNING[25109]: res_odbc.c:438 ast_odbc_print_errors: SQL Execute returned an error: HY000: [MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver][mysqld-5.5.49-0+deb7u1]INSERT command denied to user 'asteriskuser'@'localhost' for table 'cdr'
[2016-06-19 21:37:40] WARNING[25109]: res_odbc.c:381 ast_odbc_prepare_and_execute: SQL Execute error -1!
[2016-06-19 21:37:40] WARNING[25109]: cdr_adaptive_odbc.c:748 odbc_log: cdr_adaptive_odbc: Insert failed on 'MySQL-asteriskcdrdb:cdr'. CDR failed: INSERT INTO public.cdr (..............

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm OK living with the error as long as it works however I wanted to mention that because I have another smaller issue that's somewhat related. I installed the new UCP interface, created the appropriate user with CDR permissions and I'm able to login to it however I don't see any call history for the extension associated with the user. I can however pull up the logs in the 'CDR Reports' section in the admin interface as well as pull up the history/recordings from the http://X.X.X.X/recordings2/ interface using the VM login (cant login with the UCP login). While it's not a huge deal since I can ultimately pull up the recordings via a decent interface which is what I wanted, the UCP is a bit prettier and seems to be the recommended route going forward. I also don't see any way to listen/download to the recorded files in the 'CDR Reports' area, only the /recordings2 area, but that may be normal behavior.

I also get great joy from making use of items like the Pogoplug and having them not only perform useful tasks that I use all of the time but run some of the latest and greatest software to do it. I too am shocked it runs as well as it does and I greatly appreciate the work that everyone here and elsewhere does to make that possible for folks like me :)

Speaking of performance though with the fax services you added, any chance you could provide me with a link to the incrediblefax11 script you downloaded? I'd like to add that to my Pogoplug Pro and check it out (only plan on light use, if any at all).

Also, is there any easy way to disable services like webmin or fail2ban in the Incredible PBX interface or does that need to be done manually via a shell? And if I do disable those services, do you know if there is any negative impact from doing so? Just trying to squeeze every last bit of resources out of the Pogoplug Pro and I don't need those services as the PBX is on a private network with no unsolicited access to it from the Internet. No need for Webmin either, been doing this a long time and prefer a shell over GUI any day for general systems administration.
June 21, 2016 07:42PM
The call history logs started showing up in the UCP interface without any changes being made from me. Not sure what's up with that, but I'll take it!

The call history logs in the UCP interface however don't have any icons/buttons to click allowing you to listen to or download the recorded call like the /recordings2 interface has. The 'CDR Reports' page also doesn't have any listen/download buttons. Is that to be expected?
June 21, 2016 10:01PM
silox Wrote:
> Speaking of performance though with the fax
> services you added, any chance you could provide
> me with a link to the incrediblefax11 script you
> downloaded? I'd like to add that to my Pogoplug
> Pro and check it out (only plan on light use, if
> any at all).

Download the script IPBX Raspi 2 Asterisk 13 / FPBX 12 script here and it will have the incrediblefax11 script within the archive. Edit the script to change all the references from 3.3.3 to 3.3.5. You don't want to use 3.3.3 because it cannot display any dates after 12/31/2015 correctly. BE CAREFUL - you need to change EVERY reference from 3.3.3 to 3.3.5. After the script is run, you need to replace the iaxmodem binary by compiling from source and you can use this page as a guide once you have downloaded the latest source from here. You only need to follow the guide up until the point where you copy the iaxmodem binary to /usr/bin, the rest of the setup will have already been handled by the incrediblefax11 script.

> Also, is there any easy way to disable services
> like webmin or fail2ban in the Incredible PBX
> interface or does that need to be done manually
> via a shell? And if I do disable those services,
> do you know if there is any negative impact from
> doing so? Just trying to squeeze every last bit
> of resources out of the Pogoplug Pro and I don't
> need those services as the PBX is on a private
> network with no unsolicited access to it from the
> Internet. No need for Webmin either, been doing
> this a long time and prefer a shell over GUI any
> day for general systems administration.

I would simply 'update.rc-d <service name> disable' so that whatever you don't want to load at boot time no longer does. You can later add them back by 'update.rc-d <service name> defaults'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2016 10:09PM by LeggoMyEggo.
June 21, 2016 10:06PM
silox Wrote:
> The call history logs in the UCP interface however
> don't have any icons/buttons to click allowing you
> to listen to or download the recorded call like
> the /recordings2 interface has. The 'CDR Reports'
> page also doesn't have any listen/download
> buttons. Is that to be expected?

If you are using Chrome, Google made some change recently which broke the way it used to work (for me at least) within the browser with Quicktime. It works for me now but I can't recall what I did to make it work......I would see what others have done as this the method I used to solve the problem.
April 17, 2017 11:27PM
Bodhi:
Thank you for your effort on this board. Sorry I have not been active on this board for some time. There are a lot of progress in Asterisk and Google Voice area. May it's time write a couple of new how-to's.
I am thinking about first to write a bare-bone style how-to on setup a Asterisk-13 server for Google Voice. Then a follow up on how to implement Oauth-2.0 based on other people's work at the DSLReport/VOIP Tech Chat Forum. Hope there's some interest here.
April 18, 2017 02:50AM
Twinclouds,

> I am thinking about first to write a bare-bone sty
> le how-to on setup a Asterisk-13 server for Google
> Voice. Then a follow up on how to implement Oauth
> -2.0 based on other people's work at the DSLReport
> /VOIP Tech Chat Forum. Hope there's some interest
> here.

That would be cool :)

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
April 18, 2017 11:20PM
Budhi:
This one can be used as the bare bone implementation that I had in mind. It can replace or as to supplement the Asterisk part of your Wiki. It uses Asterisk 11 but the configure files will work for Asterisk 13 as well.
April 19, 2017 02:54AM
Thanks twinclouds!

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
April 25, 2017 11:34PM
tried debian8+freepbx 13 on startdock and pogoplug e02, just works, not recommended.

you can try raspberry pi or orange pi pi, freepbx works well on both.
April 26, 2017 11:58AM
If it works, why not recommended? Any reason you can share?
April 26, 2017 05:43PM
twinclouds Wrote:
> If it works, why not recommended? Any reason you
> can share?

response much slow if system need to write on disk(USB drive), assumed external harddrive should be better, but it's not. probably CPU is too weak.

if need a light pbx and only one sim call, stardock or pogoplug should be OK, but it would get awful when conducting "heavy-duty" tasks like voicemail and fax ( never successful while faxing), lots of problems in my experience. moreover, only 128/256MB ram seems too small as both asterisk and apache server. pogoplug might have to write on swap frequently, which will cause long-time waiting.

However some people are still happy with such pbx with plain asterisk or freeswitch.

For a full-function IP PBX, go to raspberry pi or orange pi directly. I ordered three orange pi to replace my PC pbx server, I know raspberry pi 3 performs better, but orange pi one with 512MB only $10; $15 for 1GB orange pi PC, also read some negative reviews for orange pi, maybe orange pi is not perfect, but enough as PBX server even you can't install FREEPBX firewall and commercial module on arm devices.

while, it's different story if you want to challenge Pogoplug. Perhaps more Fun! :)
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.