Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Really off topic: Cashing a check sans a checking account

Posted by habibie 
Really off topic: Cashing a check sans a checking account
July 23, 2016 09:11AM
Ii this post deemed to be inappropriate, please feel free to remove it.

I was lurking around Google searching for something and stumbled upon this article (cashing a check without a checking account). I sure didn't know the solution if I had ran in to such a situation (TBH, I have never run into this problem). Regardless, I started reading it out of curiouscity, and clicked the Prepaid debit cards link that took me to this article (NerdWallet’s Best Prepaid Debit Cards of 2016). From there, I learnt InGo Money provides such a service to cash paychecks, business checks, personal checks, and sends the money to places of your choice, i.e. banks, prepaid card issuers, and/or PayPal, with some fees or select the option to get your funds in 10 days for no fee. I wonder if anyone here has ever encountered such a need to cash a check without a checking account. BTW, it looks like all of such services requires either a SSN or tax id. What if one does not have either a SSN or tax id.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.