Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting kwboot onto an E02

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Getting kwboot onto an E02
August 22, 2016 10:17AM
The E02 seems a good choice for picocom an kwboot and the USB side of a TTY thingy plugged in...

Bodhi was saying:

dmesg | tail

and then

>
> Plug the CP2xx USB module into the Pogo E02. Look at dmesg, you will see it becomes ttyUSB0:
>

So that happens, first part good. Tried installing picocom and it says it's already installed... ok those late nights I forget sometimes...

Now on to the kwboot part of it - I get that file from Dropbox, but there's no .dpkg extension so I can't install it.

There's information everywhere but I get lost in the haystack. For now I'm not sure how important getting this going is, but that'd be nice in the future to have a kwboot box ready if needed to confirm testing others are doing.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2016 10:19AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Re: Getting kwboot onto an E02
August 22, 2016 12:32PM
Joey,

It is a binary ready to run. No need to install it. Just run it at the folder where you download it to (the u-boot image must also be there).

For example,
./kwboot  -t -B 115200 /dev/ttyUSB0 -b uboot.2016.05-tld-2.1.on100_k9.mtd0.kwb  -p

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
August 22, 2016 01:10PM
Very good to know bodhi. Let me beg two more and I'll have this in the cranium long term.

1. For now I download using Windows and place it in a Debian install. What's a universal Linux folder those commands are known to work? Home? I dunno.
2. The uBoot! I almost screwed this up and ran one that says "pogo_e02" in the name, and the example you showed looks a lot more kosher. Should I get the one in your example and give it a go? Meet you back in the ON-100 topic if so.

* Gents I would't blame you if you had enough of these fundamental questions. But earlier in life I invented a phrase zero steps forward is always better than fifty steps back because I hadn't asked questions.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2016 04:08PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
August 23, 2016 12:14AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very good to know bodhi. Let me beg two more and
> I'll have this in the cranium long term.
>
> 1. For now I download using Windows and place it
> in a Debian install. What's a universal Linux
> folder those commands are known to work? Home? I
> dunno.

Usually binaries that you install will go into one of the folders in PATH (where Linux finds the commands when you try to execute it).

echo $PATH
Output from one of my plugs:
/usr/local/distcc/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

Notice usr/local/bin folder. If you like you could move kwboot to this folder and then you can execute it just like any other binaries. This is a quick and dirty way. Just make sure there is no binary named kwboot in that folder already.

To see where is a certain binary located:
which <binary name>
run the which command before and after you move kwboot to that and see how Linux finds it.

> 2. The uBoot! I almost screwed this up and ran one
> that says "pogo_e02" in the name, and the example
> you showed looks a lot more kosher. Should I get
> the one in your example and give it a go? Meet you
> back in the ON-100 topic if so.

That's how you run u-boot using kwboot on the target box. In this case, your target is the Cisco ON100.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2016 12:15AM by bodhi.
August 23, 2016 12:37AM
Nice, saved me from certain error maybe. Okay 1:30am here, melatonin kicking in, I'll expect to prep first thing in the morning and start this in a zen state of mind, like grasshopper show master :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.