Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good week for SanDisk USB stick prices at Best Buy

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Good week for SanDisk USB stick prices at Best Buy
August 31, 2016 11:40AM
For instance, an UltraFit 32GB USB stick that's $34 retail (and 130MB/sec as USB 3) is $8.99 this week! I hate admitting this, but with the reward points that establishment gives, I bought one for $4 yesterday! The SD card prices are still pretty high.

The 16GB Sandisk Ultra USB sticks are $5.99 (they were sold out locally but available from BB website)..

For me this means I can start testing the performance and lifespan of SanDisk ultra sticks. I can say with certainty the PNY brand has 1) slow USB 2.0 s are horrible any way you look at them, and 2). USB 3.0 sticks with great performance but never a year's lifespan. Lexar is another brand of USB stick to avoid, but on top of quick lifespan add a blinking red light!

So with Sandisk USB sticks all I know is the low-end USB 2 Glides may be a hair slow but are drop dead reliable in a headless box.
I look forward to counting the days of my warranty putting the Ultra through some hoops.

In conclusion, there are some items never to buy from non-establishment strangers, and with USB sticks you never know if it's a fake or what.

This is your consumer watch report from roving reporter Joey Pogo lol

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2016 12:07PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.