Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Screen result vs RAM when RDP'ing to headless box?

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Screen result vs RAM when RDP'ing to headless box?
September 23, 2016 03:03PM
When I use Windows (ah know, ah know) to get into the GUI of my Debian E02, I squint and make mistakes with text because the resolution could be a hair higher. But I'm worried about running out of RAM if that's where RAM would be used-up.

I have no idea if I could turn it up high and Pogo might be just as happy. But I suspect (and that's how rumors get started) is maybe Pogo has to generate it's graphical display somehow, and have it ready to feed Windows in its already low RAM.

Or put another way, where is the place to turn it up?

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Re: Screen result vs RAM when RDP'ing to headless box?
September 23, 2016 03:24PM
Remember this thread:http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,21784

Play with the geometry to see if tightvncserver can handle higher resolution. And also tell xfce to use bigger fonts.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Re: Screen result vs RAM when RDP'ing to headless box?
September 24, 2016 12:08AM
Perfect, I just adjusted the fonts, icons bigger, then went into Terminal's Preferences and changed the font to 16.

FWIW in other endeavors I'll usually put aside one boring day per month toward efficiency. A rule of thumb is the top 10 aggravations and get them out of the way. Down the road those machines get very comfortable to use :-)
I LOVE ergonomics!

Well thanks Bodhi because it spares so many problems and "free" says I have 151MB of RAM free, which shows my fear of changing that was unfounded.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.