Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD 2TB My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage

Posted by habibie 
WD 2TB My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage
October 25, 2016 07:30AM
I just wanted to share this.

Currently, Fry's Electronics has this WD 2TB My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS : WDBCTL0020HWT-NESN US $119.00 - US $20 (promo code: 3618913) + Free S/H. If you think this is a goo deal, grab it by Thursday (10/27/16) before the offer is gone.
Re: WD 2TB My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage
October 27, 2016 12:46AM
By chance if you have an external 2TB USB 3.0 hard drive, could you plug that into the MyCloud for sync backup? And then otherwise access the cloud through My Cloud's ethernet jack.That would be a big plus.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
October 27, 2016 07:56AM
Hello Joey,

I don't know much about MyCloud. However, I think it will defeat the purpose of having a USB3 port that is not allowed to be exported as a NAS drive.

BTW, I found this article and perhaps you may be interested to read.

BTW2, Walrmart current price for this item is US $151.19 + $8.15 shipping.
October 28, 2016 05:29PM
Time to start saving for Black Friday :-) I know similar units with 4TB hard drive were under $130 last year, so there's probably going to be some sale crumbs for po boys like me this year.

I've been reading elsewhere here too, where Bodhi mentioned not all is worked out with USB 3.0 and Linux.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.