Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

External USB 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive

Posted by habibie 
External USB 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive
November 23, 2016 07:11AM
From the sale of this External USB 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive for Windows XP/7/iMac PC/MAC US, it looks like there is still a lot of demand for the use of a 3.5" 1.44 MB Floppy disc. May be it makes sense to you all, but just doesn't make sense to me.
Re: External USB 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive
November 23, 2016 12:03PM
As did I. But after thinking about it, I'd imagine there's some valuable stuff still on floppies. For instance, Leonard Cohen (considered culturally significant) passed away lately and decendants of people like that would be wise to buy a $10 unit to see what's on the floppies.

* I personally have whacked two computers by putting in the floppy cable backwards internally. It was a long time ago and I can't remember if it were the computers or floppy drives that got wrecked, but suffice to say, maybe a USB floppy drive would calm my nerves if someone came to me asking to copy a box of floppies to USB stick.

And like the anti-piracy ad in 1992 pleaded, don't copy that floppy LOL

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2016 12:03PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
November 23, 2016 02:55PM
Leonard Cohen, the best ever. He has been "summoned now to deal with an invincible defeat". RIP.

On topic, I'm setting up my HP T5325 to record a bunch of cassette tapes (mostly speeches) from the old days :)) I might have a post for that later.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2016 03:07PM by bodhi.
November 23, 2016 04:01PM
bodhi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Leonard Cohen, the best ever. He has been
> "summoned now to deal with an invincible defeat".
> RIP.
>
> On topic, I'm setting up my HP T5325 to record a
> bunch of cassette tapes (mostly speeches) from
> the old days :)) I might have a post for that
> later.

I agree like a Bernie Bro :-) Maybe I can interest you in a T5325 comment. I just looked it up, and am stunned to see the RAM might be user friendly. That's a big factor for me because my computing style is to have many windows open at the same time, especially the browser Iron which takes up a lot of it.

And is that dual or single slot for RAM?

As for Leonard, how he was off my radar until he died is beyond me, then blindsided at all the gems he crafted - even the accolades from one Nobel-winning Bob Dylan. Wow, RIP Leonard. He's probably up there saying "I miss my fedora" and Ian Murdock saying "why not Debian?" OH!

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Attachments:
open | download - HP-T5325.jpg (252.4 KB)
November 23, 2016 04:43PM
Joey,

Wow! your T5325 pic looks so nice. Are you sure that's the one? I have to open it up to verify. Gravelrash surely has a better idea about that RAM than I do.

OT,
Leonard Cohen wrote songs that read like poetry, and poetry that sound like songs (TM by bodhi) :))

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
November 23, 2016 05:16PM
Joey,

Nope, that pic of yours must be a different Thin Client.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
November 23, 2016 05:38PM
Hello Chaps

Just read the post about ram on the HPT5325 - that image is the wrong one. Here is the

P.S. all my HPT5325's have been "liberated" by other peeps/// i will be looking around for more toys soon :))

this is what the inside looks like http://parkytowers.me.uk/thin/hp/t5325/imgs/inside.jpg
November 23, 2016 06:22PM
Sorry gents, I got it from an eBay search listing, but my wrong picture is of an HP T5540...

Parky Towers rules <3

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2016 06:24PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.