Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ULT-BEST SATA to eSATA Cable

Posted by habibie 
ULT-BEST SATA to eSATA Cable
December 01, 2016 02:00PM
Finally, I found this ULT-BEST SATA to eSATA Cable (with a L-shape head) US 90¢ (50% off) that fits well for the Internal port of a Pogoplug Pro 01, except its 20 CM cable is too long. I contacted the seller and are awaiting response if s/he has a shorter one. If you need one, feel free to grab it while it is still 50% off.
Re: ULT-BEST SATA to eSATA Cable
December 30, 2016 01:09PM
I just received the ULT-BEST SATA to eSATA Cable (with a L-shape head). I have coiled it as shown in the attachment. When I get sometimes, I will start doing the drilling to secure the eSATA bracket to the wall of my PogoPlug Pro.
Attachments:
open | download - PogoPlug-eSATA.jpeg (340.5 KB)
December 30, 2016 03:19PM
It's called a right-angle SATA to female eSata (in case people want to search for it).

I have a similar cable and being lazy I just route it the eSata end out under the gap (below the front side). But your setup is very nice and clean :)

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2016 03:29PM by bodhi.
December 30, 2016 08:00PM
bodhi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's called a right-angle SATA to female eSata
> (in case people want to search for it).
>
> I have a similar cable and being lazy I just route
> it the eSata end out under the gap (below the
> front side). But your setup is very nice and clean
> :)
>
When I first got my 4x PogoPlug Pro 02, I did that hack too (route through the bottom side of the board) for 1x Pogoplug Pro 02. But, when I saw the right-angle SATA to female eSata cable on sale for less than US $1, I ordered 3x to mod for the other 3 PogoPlug Pro 02 units.
December 30, 2016 09:41PM
That is neat looking Habibie. Are you one of those guys who folds his clothes and stuff, lawn without a blade of grass out of place, birds flying into the perfectly clear windows and all that? Mailbox with large numbers that reflect similar at night so as to imply none of the numbers fell of and were replaced by anything that was available at the time? I've heard of people like you :-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
December 31, 2016 08:13AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> That is neat looking Habibie. Are you one
> of those guys who folds his clothes and stuff,
> lawn without a blade of grass out of place, birds
> flying into the perfectly clear windows and all
> that? Mailbox with large numbers that reflect
> similar at night so as to imply none of the
> numbers fell of and were replaced by anything that
> was available at the time? I've heard of people
> like you :-)
>
Joey, I wish.

I wanted to get an L-angle SATA to female eSata with a very short cable so that it will fit within the SATA port and the back wall of a Pogoplug Pro. Alas, the shorter I could find is 10 CM. So, instead of folding the cable, I decided to curl it (like a telephone cord). What I still have to find is if doing such a curl will have some bad side effects.

BTW, I did contact the seller asking if he had a shorter such cable. He said his company can customise the cable with the required length, but there will be some minimum order require (MoQ) and the price/cable depends on the MoQ. Since I only need 3x, it won't be possible for me to make any deal with the seller, except to place the order to take the advantage of the sale (US 90¢).
December 31, 2016 10:04PM
Habibie, that pic of the cable routing looks like a really sanitary way of mounting it. Do you have it installed yet? Can you put up a pic from the outside?

I did a notch in one side for clearance, for of a long 90 degree internal SATA cable. I like the idea of a female eSATA socket mounted on the pogo.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: www.jeffstory.org
January 01, 2017 05:59AM
Jeff,

> idea of a female eSATA socket mounted on the pogo.

Here is where that came from (mods by WarheadsSE) and how it looks. It's a nice mod.
https://plus.google.com/+JasonPlum/posts/KigPnXcdGPa

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2017 06:00AM by bodhi.
January 01, 2017 08:34AM
JeffS Wrote:
> Habibie, that pic of the cable routing looks like
> a really sanitary way of mounting it. Do you have
> it installed yet? Can you put up a pic from the
> outside?
>
JeffS,

I have not done that yet. TBH, my PogoPlug Pro 02 is still in its factory sealed box. But, the way I will do this is to tape the back panel with a non-reinforced paper tape, drill the holes to secure a template (PCI slot bracket included in other eSATA cable I bought), and use a sharp utility knife to craft the eSATA port through the template slot.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.