Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recommend uGet alternative with a WebUI?

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
Recommend uGet alternative with a WebUI?
December 10, 2016 07:02PM
uGet on Debian Pogoplug is awesome but I'd save jumping through extra hoops if there were same or alternative with a kindly Transmission-like UI.

For instance, I use Reaper quite a bit for editing audio (they've been porting to several Linux iterations lately), and they offer a wealth of videos free. When a video opens you can save the video right there or copy its download location and feed a download manager a new link. To make a long story short Pogos never copy from clipboard so it's a couple hoops to jump through with RDP.

I'm doing them one at a time right now and it's not THAT bad, but Transmission and its interface have been good to me and the thought occurred... uGet...

* while we're at it, if you use Linux and do much audio, Reaper already was a giant-killer for Windows and Mac, and has it's foot in the door ported to Linux, by the guy who invented Winamp and some P2P offerings of yesteryear. It's so handy, so powerful and such a swiss army knife for audio and light video, you may as well get to know it. This is the main reason my hackable TV box focus is on 2GB RAM units because that's the starting point to high comfort-level usability and sonic happiness. I can't say enough about Reaper.

** The videos are the product of Kenny Gioia, who is best known for his work on the #1 hits "Sex and Candy" and "Crush", and a zillion other ear candies.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2016 01:48AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.