Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need Pogo power supply

Posted by BuckNaked 
Need Pogo power supply
December 20, 2016 06:55PM
The power supply in my E02 failed catastrophically. Transformer is a melted blob. Bad cap, probably. After checking the mainboard in another unit, I confirmed that the mainboard is still operational.

If anybody has a scrap Pogo with a working power supply -- I believe the E02, P01, P02, P21 and P22 all use the same supply -- and would be willing to part with it, please let me know. I know the entire box can be had on fleabay for ten bucks, but then the "organ donor" would still leave me a working box without a supply.
Re: Need Pogo power supply
December 20, 2016 07:32PM
Me and Gravelrash confirmed the E02 (Kirkwood) runs on 5 volts and the Pro (Oxnas) runs on 12 volts.
That's the first I've heard of a power supply having a blowout though. Sorry I can't help at the moment.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
December 20, 2016 07:36PM
Thanks for the info on the supply. Yeah, I think one of the electrolytics dead-shorted. Electrolytics aren't a long-lifetime component, but they're way cheaper than tantalum ... and if it saves 15 cents, in an item with an expected five year life, cheap wins.
December 20, 2016 09:44PM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Me and Gravelrash confirmed the E02 (Kirkwood)
> runs on 5 volts and the Pro (Oxnas) runs on 12
> volts.

Both use the same power supply, though.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
December 22, 2016 12:16AM
bodhi Wrote:

> Both use the same power supply, though.

I did not know that! It's a cautionary situation if we end up having USB 3 and a little more power usage. BuckNaked has a point about electrolytic capacitor quality and maybe that's a future consideration. I hadn't really inspected the power supply so well but if it's fairly easy to replace mine I might do it. They're pretty inexpensive for high quality parts.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
December 27, 2016 05:30AM
December 27, 2016 10:33AM
Gravelrash Wrote:
> buck converter:
> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-in-1-Voltmeter-and-USB-Step-Down-Buck-Module-DC-24V-12V-to-5V-Charger-B243-/112089319639?hash=item1a190b48d7:g:0lYAAOSwFqJWlR7V
>
There are plenty of a USB Volt/Amp meter from AliExpress and/or eBay sellers. Of all the ones I have, this LCM 2.0 High voltage USB Charger Alarm device Doctor Mobile Battery Tester is the one I like the most.
December 27, 2016 02:16PM
@HABIBIE - i think you missed the point of the post above, what i posted was a "buck convertor"

this device above takes in any voltage from 6.5V ~ 40V and when using the onboard display, allows you to fine tune the voltage from 4.9v to 5.1+ with a guaranteed 2A output.

The above device isnt solely for looking at what voltage is coming out of the usb port
December 27, 2016 02:18PM
@Gravelrash: IC now. Sorry about that. But, I do wanna thank you for pointing it out.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.