Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X96 TV Box 2GB 16GB Android 6.0 Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad Core Marshmallow WIFI HDMI 2.0 4K*2K 1080 PK X92 NEXBOX A95X

Posted by habibie 
Today (2/18/17) ONLY, AliExpress has this X96 TV Box 2GB 16GB Android 6.0 Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad Core Marshmallow WIFI HDMI 2.0 4K*2K 1080 PK X92 NEXBOX A95X US $26.28 / piece + Free Shipping to United States via ePacket. I am tempted to place an order. However, I would like to know if its stock u-boot will be able to boot off a Linux OS on an SD card and/or USB storage. Can anyone please confirm this ASAP before the offer ends @3:00 AM EST tomorrow morning? Thanks.
It's said to run Libreelec (as they say, "just enough OS for KODI") and there's preliminary info about Armbian right around here.

They seem to hint UART access would make life easier. What a great deal though.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Joey, thank you.
The price is increased, it's difficult to install debian on it unless the manufacturer provides drives.
asterix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The price is increased, it's difficult to install debian on it unless the manufacturer provides drives.
>
I posted the item when it was on a limited discount sale and now the item is back to its normal price.

I don't know much about debian ARM. But, this item , S905 CPU, should be supported by LibreELEC, a simple and/or minimal OS just for KODI.
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> asterix Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The price is increased, it's difficult to instal
> l debian on it unless the manufacturer provides dr
> ives.
> >
> I posted the item when it was on a limited discoun
> t sale and now the item is back to its normal pric
> e.
>
> I don't know much about debian ARM. But, this item
> , S905 CPU, should be supported by [url=http://lib
> reelec.tv]LibreELEC[/url], a simple and/or minimal
> OS just for KODI.

in a lazy way, just get $15 orange pi pc which could run whole OS, more flexible, orange pi pc with IR port also, so you can use universal android box.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.