Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core

Posted by habibie 
Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
April 27, 2017 05:08PM
Just wanted to share this rather or sort of bad experience.

Last evening, I saw this Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Marshmallow Kodi 16.1 Amlogic S905X Quad Core 4k US $13.40 + a Free S/H deal. The specs look real good @ such a low price for an S905X with 2/8 GB RAM/eMMC. And, the seller has a 98.4% Positive feedback in rating with a few bad feedback for the past month. There was one thing about the ad that caught my attention: It was the Last one. So, it was sort of a rush purchase for me. After I placed an order for 1x, eBay sent me an e-mail @10:01 PM to inform that my order had been placed. Also, I noticed the ad still says Last one. @5:11 AM April 27, 2017 (early this morning), eBay sent another e-mail to notify that the item has been shipped with a USPS tracking number. I checked the USPS site and sure the shipment had Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item @1:31 AM April 27, 2017. TBH, I have no idea what this means, but rather my guts feeling kind of telling me that I had been had by the seller. Anyway, the eBay estimation delivery of the shipment will be this coming Tue, May 02, 2017.
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
April 27, 2017 06:21PM
Yeah looks like the handoff from DHL to USPS. So far looks normal. But what a price!
I'd take the plunge with you if I had the jing.

Maybe that seller got the product you ordered confused with Farm Hoppers Award Winning Inflatable Bouncing White Cow Pump?

Habibie, if that were me who scored a great deal like that, the first thing I'd do when it arrived is test the power supply. Maybe they're getting dumped and if so that would be a logical reason. Maybe it's a power supply with 4.2 volts like half the supplies around here.

=========
-=Cloud 9=-



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2017 08:24PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
April 28, 2017 03:59PM
I just received the shipment with two items: an AC/DC adapter and a piece of small note says A gift for you. I contacted eBay and was advised to open a return process to let the seller know of receiving the item. eBay told me that even though I filed for a return process, I don't have to pay for return S/H cost. If the seller wants the item back, the seller has to pay for the S/H because the seller sent the wrong item.

What a scam!
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
April 28, 2017 04:28PM
Sorry to hear about that Habibie. But there's good news if you like Thrift stores, at least in my town this is final's week at the University and the students and faculty have a reputation for donating great stuff dealing with computers and electronics. And with a great deal, knowing your money goes to disadvantaged local people it's win-win.

I just scored a Magic Jack for $0.50 at Vinnie's but since I don't have an account with MJ I'd like to study that and a Vonage box to investigate VoIP.

=========
-=Cloud 9=-
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
April 28, 2017 07:58PM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry to hear about that Habibie.
>
That's alright. I will hope to get my money back and hope to earn a free AC/DC adapter.

>But there's good news if you like Thrift stores, at least in my town this is final's week at the University and the students and faculty have a reputation for donating great stuff dealing with computers and electronics. And with a great deal, knowing your money goes to disadvantaged local people it's win-win.
>
Yes and I know that.

> I just scored a Magic Jack for $0.50 at Vinnie's but since I don't have an account with MJ I'd like to study that and a Vonage box to investigate VoIP.
>
That's great. If you are good at programming, perhaps start hacking the MJ dongle and write your own USB driver for it?
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
April 28, 2017 08:27PM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

> > I just scored a Magic Jack for $0.50 at Vinnie's
> but since I don't have an account with MJ I'd like
> to study that and a Vonage box to investigate VoIP
> .
> >
> That's great. If you are good at programming, perh
> aps start hacking the MJ dongle and write your own
> USB driver for it?

The most interesting thing to me will be to discover how Magic Jack takes 5 volts from USB and apparently provides 48v that a telephone uses. How do they step up the voltage and all that.
Second thing is to discover how the commercial services Vonage and Magic Jack implement their VoIP, the bandwidth demands and other information.

So wherever I live, I can use a regular phone, and/or LAN-cellphone > Bluetooth > Astaresk or whatever you're trying to do here.

As for writing drivers, that's not anywhere near my skill set, nor is any desire to modify proprietary intellectual property.

=========
-=Cloud 9=-
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
April 29, 2017 09:37AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The most interesting thing to me will be to discover how Magic Jack takes 5 volts from USB and apparently provides 48v that a telephone uses. How do they step up the voltage and all that. Second thing is to discover how the commercial services Vonage and Magic Jack implement their VoIP, the bandwidth demands and other information.
>
These days, doing a step up/down any x VDC will probably won't be an issue. Most VoIP adapters, i.e. Linksys/Cisco PAP2, Grandstream HT701, etc., have such a built-in converter from a 5 VDC source to a 48 VDC to support a phone line with up to 5 REN.

Back in early 2000, I used Creative VoIPBlaster to place/receive Internet calls for free through a 56 Kbps modem connection. It has a built-in hardware G732.1 CoDec that no one likes and knows how to disable. G723.1 CoDec is prone to packet lost. Then, someone managed to reverse engineer and came out with a free Linux USB driver. Since VoIPBlaster has long been discontinued and since then a whole lot of more efficient and convenient VoIP devices have been out, it looks like this Linux driver is no longer maintain and not even integrated into the current Linux source tree.

> So wherever I live, I can use a regular phone, and/or LAN-cellphone > Bluetooth > Astaresk or whatever you're trying to do here.
>
For a Windows OS, I believe you may be able to re-purpose this USB jack using GVJack (for some fees).
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
April 30, 2017 04:23PM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> For a Windows OS, I believe you may be able to re-
> purpose this USB jack using [url=http://www.pcphon
> esoft.com/gvjackappdetails.html]GVJack[/url] (for
> some fees).

Wow that's a watershed moment, thanks for that! There's also a Linux way but it's less sophisticated, [url=http://brandinscotthess.tripod.com/mjtutorial_linux.pdf]here: (it's a PDF)[/url]

=========
-=Cloud 9=-
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 01, 2017 12:08AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> habibie Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
>
> > For a Windows OS, I believe you may be able to re-purpose this USB jack using GVJack (for some fees).
>
> Wow that's a watershed moment, thanks for that! There's also a Linux way but it's less sophisticated, here: (it's a PDF). I don't see any mentions of installing any Linux driver for this MJ USB dongle. So, this sounded like Linux has a USB driver for MJ audio.
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 02, 2017 12:04AM
I'm getting closer to understanding what you're saying Habibie; very fascinating stuff.

What I realize for sure: it isn't worth dedicating a Windows machine to Magic Jack, but Linux might be perfect, especially headless so you have to push the buttons on the phone and not an online screen.

=========
-=Cloud 9=-
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 02, 2017 11:20AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What I realize for sure: it isn't worth dedicating a Windows machine to Magic Jack, but Linux might be perfect, especially headless so you have to push the buttons on the phone and not an online screen.
>
I am glad you see that.

BTW, any tiny (Linux) embedded system not only has smaller footprint to take less space, but also consumes much less power (less than 5 Watts of electricity). Less power also means less heat builds up, etc. So, to operate an MJ dongle for 24/7 on a full-blown Windows desktop computer that consumes 5+ (probably a whole lot more) Watts of electricity is certainly a waste of resources. Those are some of the reasons why it is more efficient to use a stand-alone Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA), i.e. Linksys/Cisco PAP2(v1), Grandstream HT801, etc., which basically is any (Linux) embedded device. Although a Linksys/Cisco PAP2(v2) runs on an open-source Linux OS, the former is a close-source platform and I really don't know what OS it uses. However, the later implements an open-source platform and runs on a Linux OS. You can get an HT801 from your local Walmart store for about US $10 and follow this [Unlock] New Grandstream ATA used by Vonage [Unlocked] thread to learn how to unlock (un-customize) such a device so that you can use it with any VoIP Service Providers (VoSP). If you setup one of your Linux embedded devices with any free open-source digital PBX system, i.e. Asterisk, FreeSWITCH (my Seagate GoFLEX Home is hosting this as my digital PBX system), etc., you can configure your HT801 as one of the extensions. Any such PBX systems has a support for Google Voice that allows to place/receive free phone calls to/from US and perhaps also Canada. This is how I have done it for 10+ years sans any phone (except Internet) bills.

If you can find an open-source Linux driver for an MJ USB dongle, you can build this driver to put it on any of your Linux embedded devices, i.e. PogoPlug Pro, etc., to support an MJ USB dongle. This is one of the reasons I prefer to build my own firmware (or OS) for my devices. This also allows me to streamlining my own Linux kernel so it runs more efficient.
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 02, 2017 03:50PM
The latest MagicJack USB dongles can be plugged directly into your router, no need for a PC. They've been like this for at least the last few years. The USB is only used to provide 5V of power to the MagicJack and can be plugged into a USB charger. So you can use multiple MagicJack dongles on a single router, one for each port on the router. See the section labeled To connect with a high-speed modem @ http://wp.magicjack.com/getting-started/how-do-i-set-upconnect-magicjack/

Ray
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 02, 2017 07:54PM
rayknight Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The latest MagicJack USB dongles can be plugged directly into your router, no need for a PC.
>
Yes.

> So you can use multiple MagicJack dongles on a single router, one for each port on the router.
>
Yes. But, it has been customized and locked to the MJ services. In other words, it can't be used with any 3-rd party VoSP unless hacked to unlock and/or to un-customize.

I don't know the cost of an MJ ATA. However, an Obi-200 ATA device that is not customized to accept up to 4 different SIP VoSPs and/or 1 (or probably 2) Google Voice (GV) can be had for as little as US $40. Like an MJ ATA, one can buy and put as many Obi-200 devices on the same private LAN, pending on the Internet bandwidth. For me, I already have some Linksys/Cisco PAP2v1/v2 and other ATA devices. So, using a FreeSWITCH as my digital PBX System will enhance my experience with VoIP calls.
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 03, 2017 03:32AM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What I realize for sure: it isn't worth dedicati
> ng a Windows machine to Magic Jack, but Linux migh
> t be perfect, especially headless so you have to p
> ush the buttons on the phone and not an online scr
> een.
> >
> I am glad you see that.
>
> BTW, any tiny (Linux) embedded system not only has
> smaller footprint to take less space, but also con
> sumes much less power (less than 5 Watts of electr
> icity). Less power also means less heat builds up,
> etc. So, to operate an MJ dongle for 24/7 on a ful
> l-blown Windows desktop computer that consumes 5+
> (probably a whole lot more) Watts of electricity i
> s certainly a waste of resources.

Agreed.

> Those are some o
> f the reasons why it is more efficient to use a st
> and-alone Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA), i.e. Lin
> ksys/Cisco PAP2(v1), Grandstream http://www.g
> randstream.com/products/gateways-and-atas/analog-t
> elephone-adaptors/product/ht801]HT801, etc.,
> which basically is any (Linux) embedded device. Al
> though a Linksys/Cisco PAP2(v2) runs on an open-so
> urce Linux OS, the former is a close-source platfo
> rm and I really don't know what OS it uses. Howeve
> r, the later implements an open-source platform an
> d runs on a Linux OS. You can get an HT801 from yo
> ur local Walmart store for about US $10 and follow
> this http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r3098892
> 2-Unlock-New-Grandstream-ATA-used-by-Vonage-Unlock
> ed][Unlock] New Grandstream ATA used by Vonage [Un
> locked] thread to learn how to unlock (un-cu
> stomize) such a device so that you can use it with
> any VoIP Service Providers (VoSP). If you setup on
> e of your Linux embedded devices with any free ope
> n-source digital PBX system, i.e. http://aste
> risk.org]Asterisk http://freeswitch.or
> g]FreeSWITCH (my Seagate GoFLEX Home is host
> ing this as my digital PBX system), etc., you can
> configure your HT801 as one of the extensions. Any
> such PBX systems has a support for Google Voice th
> at allows to place/receive free phone calls to/fro
> m US and perhaps also Canada. This is how I have d
> one it for 10+ years sans any phone (except Intern
> et) bills.
>
> If you can find an open-source Linux driver for an
> MJ USB dongle, you can build this driver to put it
> on any of your Linux embedded devices, i.e. PogoPl
> ug Pro, etc., to support an MJ USB dongle.

If you can find it, I will port it to Linux.

> This is
> one of the reasons I prefer to build my own firmwa
> re (or OS) for my devices. This also allows me to
> streamlining my own Linux kernel so it runs more e
> fficient.

+1

-bodhi
===========================
Wiki
latest Kirkwood kernel builds and rootfs
latest u-boot-kirkwood builds
latest Oxnas kernel builds and rootfs
latest u-boot-oxnas builds
latest MVEBU Armada kernel builds and rootfs
U-Boot & Kernel Booting process
bodhi's u-boot GitHub
bodhi's corner
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 03, 2017 03:50AM
rayknight Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The latest MagicJack USB dongles can be plugged di
> rectly into your router, no need for a PC. They'v
> e been like this for at least the last few years.
> The USB is only used to provide 5V of power to the
> MagicJack and can be plugged into a USB charger.
> So you can use multiple MagicJack dongles on a sin
> gle router, one for each port on the router. See
> the section labeled To connect with a high-speed m
> odem @ http://wp.magicjack.com/getting-started/how
> -do-i-set-upconnect-magicjack/
>
> Ray

If we dont have Linux driver, then this would be the best configuration.

-bodhi
===========================
Wiki
latest Kirkwood kernel builds and rootfs
latest u-boot-kirkwood builds
latest Oxnas kernel builds and rootfs
latest u-boot-oxnas builds
latest MVEBU Armada kernel builds and rootfs
U-Boot & Kernel Booting process
bodhi's u-boot GitHub
bodhi's corner
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 03, 2017 08:30AM
bodhi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you can find it, I will port it to Linux.
>
I just did a Google search using this TigerJet USB Linux driver and this original post (Magic Jack Linux Drivers & The Issues) does mention about TigerJet software SDK not being available, unfortunately. Id the SDK contains the USB Linux driver, then perhaps one can search through torrent to find the SDK source package to get the Linux USB driver.
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 04, 2017 02:11AM
The Magic Jack USB unit I got looks to have a USB male on one end and only telephone jack on the other wide, so maybe this is a bit dated. Also I've had a Vonage box for a while now but I'm pretty sure it's made by Motorola.

If anyone has a top 5-10 list of desirable units to be on the lookout for, do tell. I see more and more of these at Vinnie's and Goodwill, and Vinnie's it's always between 25 and 75 cents, so no loss really if something doesn't work or gets hosed, bricked...

I can think of many older relatives who never adjusted to cell phones and who would love to save money on their phone bill.

Another cool thing if Linux could run a home phone station is, if the power went out, any uninterruptoble power supply should easily power the router and small unit for quite a while, you'd think...

=========
-=Cloud 9=-
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 04, 2017 08:40AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Magic Jack USB unit I got looks to have a USB male on one end and only telephone jack on the other wide, so maybe this is a bit dated. Also I've had a Vonage box for a while now but I'm pretty sure it's made by Motorola.
>
What do you do with the Vonage box? Have you tried to unlock it to use with any free VoSPs?

> If anyone has a top 5-10 list of desirable units to be on the lookout for, do tell.
>
Well, I am mostly interested in any inexpensive Linux embedded systems with a powerful CPU + at least 1 GB RAM, especially if it is supported by either OpenWRT and/or LEDE. I think the most feasible and/or affordable project to do is to buy any good pre-paid Android Smartphones, hack it to run any open-source Linux OS, and use it for something else.

> I see more and more of these at Vinnie's and Goodwill, and Vinnie's it's always between 25 and 75 cents, so no loss really if something doesn't work or gets hosed, bricked...
>
BTW, what is Vinnie's?

> I can think of many older relatives who never adjusted to cell phones and who would love to save money on their phone bill.
>
OBiHai has discontinued its OBi1X0 (X could be 0 or 1) devices for more than a year now. If you see any good OBi1X0 device @GoodWill store for less than $1, grab it to use with Google Voice (GV) to place/receive free phone calls. I have yet to find any VoSPs with customized OBiXXX devices like Vonage does. What I am trying to say is chances are most customized (locked to) Vonage devices out @GoodWill stores, donated by previous owners who had long discontinued their services with Vonage, still in a good working condition. Some of these devices can be hacked to get rid off its customization so that it will become unlocked for use with any VoSPs. As I mentioned in my post above, one can shell out about US $10 to get a Vonage customized Grandstream HT701 ATA device and follow the [Unlock] New Grandstream ATA used by Vonage [Unlocked] thread to learn how to unlock (un-customize) such a device so that it can be used with any SIP VoIP Service Providers (VoSP) or as an extension to a digital PBX System (Asterisk, FreeSWITCH, YATE, etc.) hosted on any inexpensive Linux embedded systems, i.e PogoPlug, etc., that supports GV to place/receive free phone calls. The question is will these folks be competent enough to operate such a system.

> Another cool thing if Linux could run a home phone station is, if the power went out, any uninterruptoble power supply should easily power the router and small unit for quite a while, you'd think...
>
Having a UPS is definitely a great deal, but not efficient. My preference would be to use a single powerful DC source from a heavy-duty Marine battery with an automatic charger as the power source for all my electronics gadgets. BTW, I wondered how this approach will sustain a lightning power surge.
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 04, 2017 09:28AM
Buy a used Goflex Satellite and use the battery. Use the 2.5 hdd for something else.

-bodhi
===========================
Wiki
latest Kirkwood kernel builds and rootfs
latest u-boot-kirkwood builds
latest Oxnas kernel builds and rootfs
latest u-boot-oxnas builds
latest MVEBU Armada kernel builds and rootfs
U-Boot & Kernel Booting process
bodhi's u-boot GitHub
bodhi's corner



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2017 09:29AM by bodhi.
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 04, 2017 03:15PM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you do with the Vonage box? Have you tried
> to unlock it to use with any free VoSPs?

I think I got that for 75 cents at Salvation Army. It's stored in a box in hard to get to place for furure dissecton. All I kow is it isn't USB and I thought I spied Motorola on it somewhere.

> >
> BTW, what is Vinnie's?
>

St Vincent DePaul thrift store, which are local Catholic joints. In the last three years, I was about to miss a month of heart meds and I called them and the lady said "meet me at the Pharmacy". Bang, done, and my insurance came through after that. That's one of many amazing things they do for people from the sale of donated items. We call it Vinnie's. Plus they're the absolute lowest prices of any thrift store around here, closest to the University and mostly computer illiterate possibly. Apple Airport Gen 2 was I think $2.75 and it's not a bad router. I've seen many a box with one RJ-11 and one RJ-45 and I never processed they could be for VoIP.

> >
> Having a UPS is definitely a great deal, but not e
> fficient. My preference would be to use a single p
> owerful DC source from a heavy-duty Marine battery
> with an automatic charger as the power source for
> all my electronics gadgets. BTW, I wondered how th
> is approach will sustain a lightning power surge.

I like that idea as well but for a different reason, recording the great outdoors in high definition with studio microphones. I've almost perfected outdoor wind screens. Another topic for another day is wise.

bodhi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Buy a used Goflex Satellite and use the battery. U
> se the 2.5 hdd for something else.

I see myself acquiring one or two of almost any GoFlex you guys mention, mid summer target. All I have right now of the Seagate devices is one Theater Plus, which is a high performer for what it does.

I'm off to Vinnies :-)
-update- other than an XBox 360 for $7.50 marked "As-Is" there wasn't anything I was looking for. And I didn't have $7.50 or I would have bought it just to have a small form factor Windows machine. Oh well.

=========
-=Cloud 9=-



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2017 12:48AM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 05, 2017 08:20AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> habibie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What do you do with the Vonage box? Have you tried to unlock it to use with any free VoSPs?
>
> I think I got that for 75 cents at Salvation Army. It's stored in a box in hard to get to place for furure dissecton. All I kow is it isn't USB and I thought I spied Motorola on it somewhere.
>
If it is a Motorola brand, it may be a bit harder to unlock and requires some soldering skills, IIRC.

> > >
> > BTW, what is Vinnie's?
> >
>
> St Vincent DePaul thrift store, which are local Catholic joints. In the last three years, I was about to miss a month of heart meds and I called them and the lady said "meet me at the Pharmacy". Bang, done, and my insurance came through after that. That's one of many amazing things they do for people from the sale of donated items. We call it Vinnie's. Plus they're the absolute lowest prices of any thrift store around here, closest to the University and mostly computer illiterate possibly.
>
It looks like there is one nearby my place (about 6 miles away).

> Apple Airport Gen 2 was I think $2.75 and it's not a bad router.
>
TBH, unless I can get it for free, I would rather stay away from an Apple device.

> I've seen many a box with one RJ-11 and on e RJ-45 and I never processed they could be for VoIP.
>
If you can find an original (not counterfeited) Linksys PAP2 (v1 sans Cisco name) under $1, grab it. I am still using mine since 2005 (12+ years) and it is still rocking. A counterfeited Linksys PAP2v1 is mostly from HongKong and will fail in less than 6 months mostly caused by its power supply.

> > >
> > Having a UPS is definitely a great deal, but not efficient. My preference would be to use a single powerful DC source from a heavy-duty Marine battery with an automatic charger as the power source for all my electronics gadgets. BTW, I wondered how this approach will sustain a lightning power surge
> .
>
> I like that idea as well but for a different reason, recording the great outdoors in high definition with studio microphones. I've almost perfected out
> door wind screens. Another topic for another day is wise.
>
For outdoor usage, you might wanna think of adding solar panel. If you can find a good working automobile alternator @ and affordable price, you can build a small 12VDC wind turbine generator to charge your battery. Or, get this inexpensive New Wind Turbine Generator DIY Kit Micro Motor+Diode Plug Four Blue Leaf Paddle. Unfortunately, the ad never says how much power it can deliver. However, one of the pictures shows it can drive a small wattage LED light bulb. If it can produce 5 Watts power @12VDC (an equivalent of 0.4 Amps), that probably will be sufficient to charge the battery for powering a small Linux embedded system that consumes 3 Watts or less.

> -update- other than an XBox 360 for $7.50 marked " As-Is" there wasn't anything I was looking for. And I didn't have $7.50 or I would have bought it just to have a small form factor Windows machine. Oh well.
>
I don't know how far the Vinnie's place from your premise and how much did it cost you for the transportation to get there.
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 05, 2017 02:37PM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't know how far the Vinnie's place from your
> premise and how much did it cost you for the trans
> portation to get there.

Not too much, a favor for whoever owns the car :-D

Here's a poor man's budget to maintaining a small home network and not lacking too much:
Best Buy: every 2 months ($60)
EBay: once a month ($20-30)
Thrift Store loop: 1-2 times a month (25 cents to $12) and don't forget Goodwill's 50%-off sales, boutique section :-).

That's my story, and I've edited it many times LOL

=========
-=Cloud 9=-



Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2017 12:51PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 05, 2017 10:10PM
Sorry to hear about the bad experience you went through. I know someone was in similar boat and it was uglier than what you had gone through, but he made it through by not playing the professor's game.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2017 07:19AM by habibie.
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 05, 2017 11:09PM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry to hear about the bad experience you went th
> rough. I know someone was in similar boat and it w
> as uglier than what you had gone through, but he m
> ade it through by not playing the professor's game

I look at it this way, I would have been in a perfect position to graduate, buy a house, and lose it in the housing bust later that decade.

What an eccentric topic you started Habibie,and did you at least test the power supply they sent you? :-)

=========
-=Cloud 9=-



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2017 12:50PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 06, 2017 07:27AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> habibie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sorry to hear about the bad experience you went through. I know someone was in similar boat and it was uglier than what you had gone through, but he made it through by not playing the professor's game
>
> I look at it this way, I would have been in a perfect position to graduate, buy a house, and lose it in the housing bust later that decade.
>
That's a very positive thinking.

> Habibie could I persuade you to delete most of what I said that you quoted? It's true but I don't want to leave it up after much time and I'll delete
> my own words pretty quick.
>
Done.

> What an eccentric topic you started Habibie,and did you at least test the power supply they sent you
> ? :-)
>
Unfortunately, the answer is no. The seller finally issued an RMA with a returned shipping label for me to drop it @UPS. I used the existing envelope and attached the returned shipping label. Had I not brought the used envelope, UPS wanted to charge me $2 for the box. Regardless, UPS charged me 25₵ for the tape to seal the envelope. What a rip off service!
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 07, 2017 12:49PM
That's tough to hear too Habibie, my condolences for that.

I've got a corner to turn on the VoIP and great resource you've pointed out I'll be looking into. This is cool.

Today, May 7th, is an anneversary of Telstar 2, sent up in 1962. It's got a lot of features we're working on currently including 14 watts of solar panels, in 1962! A must-read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telstar

=========
-=Cloud 9=-
Re: Henscoqi T95X Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Quad Core
May 08, 2017 08:13AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've got a corner to turn on the VoIP and great resource you've pointed out I'll be looking into. This is cool.
>
You may wanna head up to DSL Report VoIP Forum to find out more about VoIP discussions.

> Today, May 7th, is an anneversary of Telstar 2, sent up in 1962. It's got a lot of features we're working on currently including 14 watts of solar panels, in 1962! A must-read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telstar
>
Wow.
Author:

Your Email:


Subject:


Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Message: