Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Belkin WeMo Switch iPhone Home Remote

Posted by habibie 
Belkin WeMo Switch iPhone Home Remote
May 10, 2017 07:14AM
Just wanted to pass this along.

Some Walmart stores started selling this Belkin WeMo Switch iPhone Home Remote under US $10 with a store pick up (original discussion thread). My local Walmart stores still list it at a full price, unfortunately. According to OpenWRT ToH, this device employs a Ralink RT5350F CPU clocked @ 300 MHz (perhaps too slow to even host a simple and plain Asterisk PBX system) and an RT2860 Wifi with 32/16 MiB RAM/Flash. It uses u-boot as its bootloader. If you have a need for this item and your local Walmart stores have this item at such a discount price, you may wanna grab it while they still have it available.
Re: Belkin WeMo Switch iPhone Home Remote
May 11, 2017 11:53PM
Habibie this might be a good place to tell you, the Huawei phone you mentioned one year ago that I bought for $9.95 is finally unlockable.

You were a year ahead of your time! Or made me wait a year lol.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
May 12, 2017 07:18AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Habibie this might be a good place to tell you, the Huawei phone you mentioned one year ago that I bought for $9.95 is finally unlockable.
>
How keen! I certainly am glad to hear you finally managed to get yours unlocked. As with me, I am not anxious enough to perform any unlocking procedure. BTW, I noticed 99.99% smartphone unlocking procedures are based on a Windows platform with some unknown Windows programs (FYI, I no longer have any Windows desktop computer @home). Regardless, I only use my Android smartphones @home with a WiFi connection sans any subscriptions to any cell providers. Although one of these days, I will need to flash my old and broken LG Android smartphone with a 3-rd party OS. This automatically means to make it a non-customized smartphone, alias unlocked.

> You were a year ahead of your time! Or made me wait a year lol.
>
LOL.
May 12, 2017 11:34AM
habibie Wrote:
>. BTW, I noticed 99.99% smartphone unlocking proc
> edures are based on a Windows platform with some u
> nknown Windows programs (FYI, I no longer have any
> Windows desktop computer @home). Regardless, I onl
> y use my Android smartphones @home with a WiFi con
> nection sans any subscriptions to any cell provide
> rs.

I know it's a good idea to have something Windows on hand for things like this and quick labeling of new hard drives like your Seagate 3TB. In addition some of the best Windows apps are free for personal use, like Partition Magic (never failed copying Linux partitions from one USB to another, or hard drive to hard drive).

If it weren't for lack of hardware acceleration support on most of my hardware I'd run Mint XFCE on every box including this Thin Client.

2nd point: Wow Habibie that's the way right there. WiFi phone. I know you've mentioned ways of IP phone but it never sank in, but could I persuade you to make a simple flowchart what your phone is WiFi'ing to Asterisk or PBX running on your LAN and out to Google Voice is that it?

I might have another crude purpose for this phone or similar: I miss boomboxes, which are free/cheap used, also I notice those faux cassette "tapes" that have a wire running out that could plug into the headphone jack of the phone. Tape the phone to the boombox. Voila. A touchscreen boombox.

I ramble 8-)

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2017 12:09PM by JoeyPogoPlugE02.
May 13, 2017 10:53AM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
> habibie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >. BTW, I noticed 99.99% smartphone unlocking procedures are based on a Windows platform with some unknown Windows programs (FYI, I no longer have any Windows desktop computer @home). Regardless, I only use my Android smartphones @home with a WiFi connection sans any subscriptions to any cell providers.
>
> I know it's a good idea to have something Windows on hand for things like this and quick labeling of new hard drives like your Seagate 3TB. In addition some of the best Windows apps are free for personal use, like Partition Magic (never failed copying Linux partitions from one USB to another, or hard drive to hard drive).
>
I had been trying to get rid off Windows OS for a long time since I ran into Linux. The reason is related to financial issue. I just could not afford to pay for any MS software and also I didn't like the idea to pirate them. So, entered the Linux OS which provides almost all the free utilities I needed to doing all my class projects, i.e. GNU C compilers to compile C programs, (GNU) octave (instead of pirated MatLAB on a Windows platform) to do mathematical computations, LaTEX to write up documentations for reports, etc. At the time, these three were the most important issues for me. The only thing that Linux still needs, AFAIC, is a good OCR. Current OCR (tesseract) on my OpenSuSE Linux Desktop System still needs a lot of work. The only OCR on a Windows platform that I ever used (a few years back ago) was ABBYY FineReaders (a Russian company?). It now offers a limited free version for Linux OS (not all hardware supported).

> If it weren't for lack of hardware acceleration support on most of my hardware I'd run Mint XFCE on every box including this Thin Client.
>
I don't have any Thin Client devices. So, I wouldn't know what video hardware acceleration it uses that lacks a Linux support.

> 2nd point: Wow Habibie that's the way right there. WiFi phone. I know you've mentioned ways of IP phone but it never sank in, but could I persuade you to make a simple flowchart what your phone is WiFi'ing to Asterisk or PBX running on your LAN and out to Google Voice is that it?
>
My setup is pretty simple an straightforward. All I did was to configure the stock SIP dialer on my Android Smartphone (HTC Desiree 510) to register to my FreeSWITCH PBX system. On my FreeSWITCH PBX system, I added many free P2P SIP VoIP lines as well as Google Voice (GV) to place/receive free calls. GV is the only one allows me to place/receive free calls to any US/Canada telephones networks.

> I might have another crude purpose for this phone or similar: I miss boomboxes, which are free/cheap used, also I notice those faux cassette "tapes" that have a wire running out that could plug into the headphone jack of the phone. Tape the phone to the boombox. Voila. A touchscreen boombox.
>
May be you can use your inexpensive USB audio dongle (through its microphone port) to connect the pre-amp audio port on your boombox to your Pogoplug Pro to digitize all the analog songs from the audio cassette tapes.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.