Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to detect Night Vision spying with near zero effort

Posted by JoeyPogoPlugE02 
How to detect Night Vision spying with near zero effort
June 15, 2017 08:44PM
Take your digital camera, smartphone or iProduct and turn it on so the camera facing away from you displays so you can see it. Then take a standard TV remote control and point it at the camera and press some buttons. See the previously invisible LEDs light up like they're regular LEDs?

Now you know you have what it takes to scan around your area and see if anyone has basic night vision aimed your way.
Let's just say one of three highly questionable neighbors inspired me to find this out and be happy to have learned this.

Neat aye? Mine worked with a cheap Canon Elph-115 and I haven't tried it on everything else, but it ought to work.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Re: How to detect Night Vision spying with near zero effort
June 15, 2017 09:08PM
JoeyPogoPlugE02 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Take your digital camera, smartphone or iProduct and turn it on so the camera facing away from you displays so you can see it. Then take a standard TV remote control and point it at the camera and press some buttons. See the previously invisible LEDs light up like they're regular LEDs?
>
Yes. I have done this a few years back when 1st got my inexpensive Android smartphone and my neighborhood was clean from such a night vision spying cam. That was about 2 years ago and perhaps I ought to test it again. Who knows what 2 years could have done in my neck of woods, especially with the current president. ;)
Re: How to detect Night Vision spying with near zero effort
June 15, 2017 11:23PM
habibie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Who knows what 2 years could hav
> e done in my neck of woods, especially with the cu
> rrent president. ;)

Tuck Frump! :-) Yeah who knows the secret government programs going on, they're probably shining a trillion volts of IR at the moon to get higher resolution pictures wherever the moon is shining LOL Or when the moon is thought to be darkened in the case of a new moon ooooh :-)

I might edit the original post because it sounds more complicated than looking at IR LEDs though a phone.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.