Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lilliput USB touch screen

Posted by Liz 
Liz
Lilliput USB touch screen
October 21, 2013 04:55PM
I've successfully got the display on my Pi, so the next one will be for the Pogoplug. but I aim to get the touchscreen to work as well.
Display requires module fbcon, and xserver-xorg-video-displaylink (which has to be compiled)

Lots of hints are here
L
Re: Lilliput USB touch screen
December 27, 2013 01:08AM
Two months and some progress.
And some stuck points too.

I sorted out the boot order problem which prevented my main install from booting, including copying files from a newer image but not the kernel, because I wanted my compiled kernel to run with the udlfb driver.

Then tried to install the xf86-video-displaylink driver. It won't compile on the armel platform, although it compiled for the armhf with the same xorg versions.

At this point I had the choice of a green screen or a login (slim) screen.
The system didn't respond to keyboard or mouse input.
After finding a compiled armel driver from ubuntu I installed that with dpkg. After that I only got the green screen and no login screen - even after I'd removed the package!
Liz
Re: Lilliput USB touch screen
December 27, 2013 02:14AM
Next stage - autologin with slim.
I can operate the touch screen (with reversed axes).
I can't actually get a program from the twm menu to start.
I'm still lost about the failure of the mouse and keyboard towork - they certainly are found by lsusb.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.