Embedian on Zyxel NSA325v2 ?
December 18, 2020 10:40AM
Hi,
looooong time agou i flashed on my seagate devices some kind of emergeny debian environment in the on Board nand flash, because the original software was totaly useless anyway....

https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,72

Now i got a NSA325v2 on my desk which I equepped with custom u-boot and you fabulous debian and linxu-kernel (great work, really appreciated!)

But I wonder... can I also flash some kind of emergency boot on the nand device on the nsa325? Though, the original Soft is not as useless as the seagate ones were...

Cheers

Re: Embedian on Zyxel NSA325v2 ?
December 19, 2020 12:13AM

Emdebian has been EOL for quite a long time.

We don't have an official rescue system that works for NSA325 NAND. But you can install OpenWrt on it.

OTOH, if you prefer Debian, this is one of the items on my TODO list, but never got round to finish it :) because I intend to have a Debian image that will work for all Kirkwood boxes. I got a preliminary version running, but it will take a little bit more time to refine it (some free time that I can't seem to find). This winter break might bring some, due to COVID pandemic I won't travel like I usually do every year.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
December 19, 2020 08:30AM
Hi,

is there any howto how to flash openwrt besides debian? or is it straight forward as explained on the openwrt site despite changing the fw_envs so it boots from USB?

Thanks!

Cheers

December 19, 2020 04:49PM

See how bobafetthotmail installed this on NSA310. It should be the same procedure for NSA325.

https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?4,29966

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.