Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Doozan Debian on Checkpoint L-50 (W)?

Posted by 4920441 
Doozan Debian on Checkpoint L-50 (W)?
January 16, 2021 01:19AM
Hi,

since, this is also a Marvel Kirkwood based device with 512 MB Ram I wonder if someone has tried to put Debian on it as well:

https://openwrt.org/inbox/toh/check_point/check_point_l-50

I got that rather cheap and - as a router - OpenWRT will do more than fine, but, being just curious, a full Debian System would be a nice option as well :-)

Currently, it is not in my hands yet, but I hope it arrives before next weekend:-)

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Re: Doozan Debian on Checkpoint L-50 (W)?
January 16, 2021 03:55AM

> I got that rather cheap and - as a router -
> OpenWRT will do more than fine, but, being just
> curious, a full Debian System would be a nice
> option as well :-)

Looks like it is going to be quite feasible to run Debian. OpenWrt already has a DTS defined for this box (it showed that in the bootlog). We'll just need to get that DTS source, and compile it, and use with the Kirkwood kernel for Debian.

After you installed OpenWrt for this box, it then should be ready to run Debian on USB, with some u-boot envs adjustment. But if you don't want to install OpenWrt, then it will depend on whether stock u-boot can load files from USB.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Re: Doozan Debian on Checkpoint L-50 (W)?
January 17, 2021 12:43AM
OpenWrt has patch files to add support for this device to u-boot (2020.04) and I believe the OpenWrt images actually make use of the updated u-boot.

Ray
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.