Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NSA325 fstab

Posted by fgh 
fgh
NSA325 fstab
October 30, 2021 04:20PM
Trying to mount specific disks to specific directorys at boot gives me some problems. If the disk isnt connected i cant access the box as ssh gets connection refused. Must the disk be present when using UUID or LABEL?

My fstab:
root@kerstin:~# cat /etc/fstab
# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# <file system> <mount point>   <type>  <options>       <dump>  <pass>
LABEL=rootfs    /               ext3    noatime,errors=remount-ro 0 1
tmpfs          /tmp            tmpfs   defaults          0       0

UUID="ebb4303f-89a8-4314-8d50-f506ff894eea"    /mnt/hitachi               ext3   defaults 0 0

Also, do I dare lower rootdelay and bootdelay? Feels like my box takes forever to boot.
set_bootargs=setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200 root=LABEL=rootfs rootdelay=10 $mtdparts init=/bin/systemd
start_netconsole=setenv ncip $serverip; setenv bootdelay 10; setenv stdin nc; setenv stdout nc; setenv stderr nc; version;
Re: NSA325 fstab
October 30, 2021 04:54PM
fgh,

> Trying to mount specific disks to specific
> directorys at boot gives me some problems. If the
> disk isnt connected i cant access the box as ssh
> gets connection refused. Must the disk be present
> when using UUID or LABEL?

Use nofail option so the system will continue booting if the disk is not plugged in.

UUID="ebb4303f-89a8-4314-8d50-f506ff894eea"    /mnt/hitachi               ext3   nofail 0 0

And BTW, label is a more flexible way to mount a disk drive in Debian.

> Also, do I dare lower rootdelay and bootdelay?
> Feels like my box takes forever to boot.

Yes, you can adjust these parameters to something like 3 seconds. But it depends on where your box and the netconsole server located! if you want to have enough time to walk back to the netconsole server to interrupt u-boot when needed, then adjust the bootdelay according to that distance. If you always use a laptop to run netconsole server, then I'd say 3 seconds is good.

Also, the NSA325 u-boot-2017.07-tld-1 (I assume you have this installed) has the envs devices and disks that determine what types of disk drive and how many partitions to scan. These are also adjustable to your specific configuration to make the boot faster and the log less noisy.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2021 05:46PM by bodhi.
Re: NSA325 fstab
October 31, 2021 05:45PM
Correction

Yes, you can adjust these parameters to something like 3 seconds.

should be

Yes, you can adjust bootdelay to something like 3 seconds.

Not rootdelay. 3 seconds is too short an interval to wait for the rootfs drive to spin up (in some system, rootwait is used to wait forever).

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.