Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

unable to wget from jeff.doozan.com

Posted by frozenrhino 
unable to wget from jeff.doozan.com
December 27, 2010 12:09PM
Hi,

I got debian going on my pogostar using a flash drive (cruiser flash voyager 16g works just fine) and am just tickled with it. However, now Id like to use a 1TB WD mybook as the system drive instead and use this as NAS for my house and not be limited to 16g (not to mention getting my flash drive back so I can use it for work).

So I shutdown, rebooted and ssh'd back into the pogostar as root, and when I try to get the shell script, it hangs at the wget. No messages, timeouts, or anything.

Interestingly enough, I can get it through a webbrowser on another box on the same router. So I did that, transferred the file over to the USB drive, rebooted and ssh'd back in as root, copied the file to temp, chmod'd it, exported my path, started the script and again it hangs at wget from jeff.doozan.com/debian.

Have I somehow borked my routing inside of the pogostar?

Thanks,

FZR
Re: unable to wget from jeff.doozan.com
December 27, 2010 12:43PM
I would guess it might be to do with the dns set up.
Does nslookup or ping work?
root@dockstar1:~# nslookup jeff.doozan.com
Server:         192.168.1.1
Address:        192.168.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   jeff.doozan.com
Address: 69.163.187.226

root@dockstar1:~# ping jeff.doozan.com
PING jeff.doozan.com (69.163.187.226) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from apache2-quell.nationals.dreamhost.com (69.163.187.226): icmp_req=1 ttl=50 time=103 ms
64 bytes from apache2-quell.nationals.dreamhost.com (69.163.187.226): icmp_req=2 ttl=50 time=103 ms
64 bytes from apache2-quell.nationals.dreamhost.com (69.163.187.226): icmp_req=3 ttl=50 time=108 ms
64 bytes from apache2-quell.nationals.dreamhost.com (69.163.187.226): icmp_req=4 ttl=50 time=102 ms

-PG
Re: unable to wget from jeff.doozan.com
December 27, 2010 02:05PM
Well, happily enough, everything seems to be fine now.

Not sure how, not sure why.

But I can hit jeff.doozan.com/debian just peachy.

Now if only the script would stop hanging at the getting packages or on a specific package with no error message.

I'm guessing that's a mirror issue from this thread.

So far Ive tried the uwisc.edu, uchicago.edu and mit.edu mirrors and they all either just hang or stop at a particular package (none of which ever seems to be the same). I've also tried the arch-specific mirror in the thread above.

Anyhoo, mod (Jeff, I presume?): you can mark this as resolved if you like. I didn't see anyplace to do that myself.

Thanks

FZR
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.