Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good for Pogoplug too?

Posted by geodog 
Good for Pogoplug too?
December 06, 2010 12:51AM
I've installed Jeff's script on my Dockstar, and setup a music server with samba, Mediatomb, Firefly/mt-daapd and squeezebox, and it is working beautifully. Thank you Jeff and other contributors.

I'm thinking of converting my Pogoplug to a webserver for php apps. Does Jeff's script work equally well for Pogoplug as it does for the Dockstar?

Thanks,
Tim
w*
Re: Good for Pogoplug too?
December 06, 2010 02:31AM
Sure - I guess that the special configuration to make the Dockstar's LEDs blink correctly isn't needed but it still works on a Pogoplug like a charm. (And you'll have double the RAM, too).

AFAIR there were some posts dealing with that topic.

w*
December 07, 2010 07:37PM
does jeffs vanilla script now get over the old script when run on pogoplugs taking the RAM down to 128MB ?

or do you have to find a specially tweaked one someone has done to get around this

rgds

ian
w*
December 08, 2010 06:15AM
I just used the vanilla script - not any tweaked version of it and it worked out of the box.

Cheers,
w*
December 16, 2010 08:20PM
Semi-off topic...
I plug my working USB stick from my dockstar to a pogoplug but it doesn't boot up. Is there a reset switch on the pogoplug I can try warm start?
rat
December 30, 2010 12:41PM
funtoy1001 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Semi-off topic...
> I plug my working USB stick from my dockstar to a
> pogoplug but it doesn't boot up. Is there a reset
> switch on the pogoplug I can try warm start?

Doesn't look like it. At this point, I really would just use a USB stick that will cold boot. You'll likely just run into issues otherwise.
December 30, 2010 02:40PM
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.