Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

pulseaudio network sink?

Posted by seb 
seb
pulseaudio network sink?
February 04, 2011 09:08AM
Hi!

first I would like to thank you for the site, it was very informative :)

I successfully installed media player daemon on my dockstar, which outputs music via a usb soundcard. Great!

I would like to be able to stream audio wirelessly from a linux laptop to the dockstar with pulseaudio, like what apple airport does. I searched but could not find anything. Has anyone succeded in that? Or is there any other way?

Thanks
mibu
Re: pulseaudio network sink?
February 06, 2011 04:13AM
Hi seb,

it's not Pulse, but VLC in conjunction with the netsync option works quite well for me: VLC Netsync
The server generates an UDP stream. One client or server itself becomes the master. The clients sync on the master. Nice for multiroom audio.

Regards, mibu
seb
Re: pulseaudio network sink?
February 10, 2011 11:42AM
thank you mibu for the tip! I did not know vlc netsync. I tried it but will need more time to make it work. But before I spend more time on this, will this allow me to stream any audio (music player, web browser etc...) coming from my laptop like pulseaudio does?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.