Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I need a 70-persistent-net.rules file from a working squeeze install.

Posted by kerberos 
Hi, I got a problem. My eth0 interface doest comes up if I start my dockstar (tried to install a wifi stick and messed something up). I tried dhcp and static - nothing works. But If I boot to the original dockstar linux, the interface works fine. I dont want to reinstall everything, because I would need a week till I get it working again. Yeah and I dont have backups. :-(

Good thing is I believe i figured whats wrong. In my /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules file is no entry for the eth0 interface. So it doesnt comes up.

If you read this and have a dockstar with debian on it, please post the output of the following command:

cat /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
Re: I need a 70-persistent-net.rules file from a working squeeze install.
July 23, 2011 04:28PM
You don't need eth0 in your persistent-net.rules.

As suggested in this forum, to use the same Debian installed USB stick on another Dockstar, I've commented it out and then make sure that /lib/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules
does not have eth* on device white list (note the capital E):

# device name whitelist
KERNEL!="Eth*|ath*|wlan*[0-9]|msh*|ra*|sta*|ctc*|lcs*|hsi*", \

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2011 04:30PM by bodhi.
Re: I need a 70-persistent-net.rules file from a working squeeze install.
July 23, 2011 04:30PM
the 70-persistent-net.rules should be recreated when it is not found.
have you tried to delete (move it outside the udev-directory) it?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.