Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thanx to developer(s) and community!

Posted by psychokiller 
Thanx to developer(s) and community!
February 26, 2022 12:54PM
Hi all!
hope this is not off topic in the Debian forum: at the beginning of february Arch Linux ARM dropped support for armv5, so this is the last available distro to run on kirkwook devices (Dockstars, PogoPlugs, Zyxel NSA 320/325 and the like).

I would like to thanx all the developers and contributors to this forum once more for keeping this things alive and our little plugs running.

I had a few Dockstars running Arch and Debian, and I am in the process of converting them to Debian with the resources available here.

Thanx!

Set aside the thankgivings, to spark a little discussion: does anyone know of any other linux/bsd distro ready to run on the mentioned kirkwood devices?

Paolo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2022 01:05PM by psychokiller.
Re: Thanx to developer(s) and community!
February 26, 2022 03:13PM
OpenWrt
February 26, 2022 03:31PM
Good, thanx for pointing that out. I knew about OpenWRT and was an avid user on Linksys routers but didn't remember it was OK to run on kirkwood.
Paolo
February 26, 2022 04:39PM
Paolo,

I've just created a thread for this topic:

https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,131689

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.