Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UBIT v0.6 and Debian's linux-image-2.6-kirkwood kernels

Posted by Vlad 
UBIT v0.6 and Debian's linux-image-2.6-kirkwood kernels
October 08, 2011 10:56AM
I'm not sure if it is a well known fact, but it looks like after installing UBIT v0.6, linux-image-2.6-kirkwood kernels from the Debian repositories (like linux-image-2.6.32-5-kirkwood) don't boot anymore.

It's not the arcNumber issue (Debian kernels understand only Dockstar's arcNumber). You can set the arcNumber to Dockstar and it still won't boot, although it did with the old u-Boot v0.5. The custom vanilla kernels, however boot fine regardless of the arcNumber. I suspect that it's because of the patches you usually apply when compiling a custom kernel. Those are unfortunately still not in Debian's mainline kernel.

Anyway, I'm going to try taking the linux-image-3.0.0-1-kirkwood from the Wheezy repo, applying the Debian patches and then applying the Arch Linux patches from here
https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUILDs/tree/22366d0b3f3734d82346b3d4c1f987364936bdca/core/linux
Let's see how that will work.

EDIT: Yay! Works like a charm. Unlocking encrypted rootfs via SSH works too. I love you Debian!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2011 03:07PM by Vlad.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.