Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pogoplug pink Install readonly emdebian on NAND

Posted by hack247 
Pogoplug pink Install readonly emdebian on NAND
October 17, 2011 01:10PM
I have a pogoplug pink on my desk that I am going to attempt to install emdebian to the NAND. I have read through the forum post for doing this with the dockstar so thought this might be a good place to chart my progress.

I am following the steps laid out in the forum post at http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,72,page=1 but I realise these will probably need some modification along the way to make things compatible with the pogoplug pink. Jeff, hoping you can lend a hand :)

First stumbling block I have encountered is after I run the ./dockstar.emdebian-squeeze-readonly.sh script. Everything works correctly up until it trys to connect to ftp.us.debian.org. Is there an alternative location I need to be looking at?

wget: bad address 'ftp.us.debian.org'
ar: can't open 'debootstrap.deb': No such file or directory
tar: can't open 'data.tar.gz': No such file or directory
mv: cannot rename './usr/sbin/debootstrap': No such file or directory
mv: cannot rename './usr/share/debootstrap': No such file or directory
Connecting to jeff.doozan.com (69.163.187.226:80)
wget: can't open '/usr/share/debootstrap/pkgdetails': No such file or directory
chmod: /usr/share/debootstrap/pkgdetails: No such file or directory

# Starting debootstrap installation
./dockstar.emdebian-squeeze-readonly.sh: line 219: /usr/sbin/debootstrap: No such file or directory
debootstrap failed.
See /tmp/debian/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for more information.
Re: Pogoplug pink Install readonly emdebian on NAND
October 17, 2011 01:21PM
Looking at the .sh script I can see that the link to /pool/main/d/debootstrap/debootstrap_1.0.28_all.deb no longer exists. Has the file been upgraded and am I safe to use the latest one listed in that folder?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.