Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help to get a U-Boot dump

Posted by i5Js 
Help to get a U-Boot dump
November 05, 2022 02:32AM
Hi all,

I have a WD EX2 Ultra, and I need the help who has the same box, and the u-boot updated.

I’ve solder the uart interface but it doesn’t work. I don’t know why, but I don’t get anything when the nas boot up. I press space, 1, all the combinations available,but nothing works. I have tested the connections several times, and it seem they are fine. WIth a multi tester I see there is connectivity between the two sides, and I don’t know what else I can do to fix or figure out what is going on here.

After one week, troubleshooting with @bodhi in this thread https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,132015,133249,page=3#msg-133249, (many thanks!!), and seeing that it’s imposible that the WD boot with the new kernel and the ram disk without the u-boot updated, I need a dump of that partition ( /devmtd0) to flash my hand.

I’ve seen that CyperPK or vzhilov could help here, but I really appreciate it if anybody who has updated the u-boot, could help me here.

I am open to try anything to get the console working too.

Many thanks in advanced.

Best

I5Js
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.