Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it necessary to install Debian in SATA HDD?

Posted by cohortcw 
Is it necessary to install Debian in SATA HDD?
June 11, 2012 02:08AM
Hi,

After several days of meddling with ArchLinux on my GoFlex Home, I finally managed to get it booted on the SATA dock with the latest uBoot and Linux Kernel. However, there is still something which puzzles me.

My SATA HDD docked in the GFH still has the first installation of ArchLinux package from the instructions show in this page http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv5/seagate-goflex-home.

I am able to boot into this ALARM prompt with a Debian install USB stick. However, if I would to boot it w/o the USB stick, it will only show a uBit 0.6 prompt. What am I not doing correctly?

Or is it that my SATA HDD in the GFH also has to install Debian in order to boot properly?

Pls advise.
Re: Is it necessary to install Debian in SATA HDD?
June 11, 2012 11:04AM
Hi cohortcw,

I've never used the UBit setup, so I can't really be any help to you. Maybe someone else?

Is UBit more used w/ ALARM? If so, the ALARM forum may yield more help. In any case, good luck.

=====================================================

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2012 11:06AM by davygravy.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.