Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bricked? Pogoplug Pro

Posted by p_preston_s 
Bricked? Pogoplug Pro
July 21, 2012 01:20PM
I have a black pogoplug pro and after attempting to install alarm and debian ran into problems using ssh and running commands in terminal. Would get a "not found error" when trying to run wget to donload packages. Searched, and searched, and searched for answers and always got vague responses that never helped.

Finally I was told to "SSH into your Pogoplug, enter this text: "/usr/local/cloudengines/bin/./blparam 'bootcmd=run bootcmd_original" to restore the original boot loader." Did that and then it turned itself off and I have not been able to get it to restart. Then it was suggested that I build a serial cable and overwrite the firmware and kernel.

Well, I opened it up, found the SATA connection but I cannot find anything on how to build this serial cable or how to restore kernels once it was built.

I'm just hoping that someone, anyone, out there can help. I need DETAILS!! If you're just going to tell me to search, then PLEASE don't respond. I am tired of vague and hateful people when I do not understand something. Just looking for a good solid answer with plenty of details when possible.

Thanks if you can help me.
TJ
Re: Bricked? Pogoplug Pro
July 24, 2012 12:16AM
It's all on this forum somewhere. Except the nice pictures of cables that used to be at pogoplugged.com which seems to no longer exist in its hacker friendly form. Names to look for Varkey DavyGravy Jeff WarheadSse from there you will find the others. Search for serial cable.
TJ
July 24, 2012 06:07AM
p_preston_s Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm just hoping that someone, anyone, out there
> can help. I need DETAILS!! If you're just going
> to tell me to search, then PLEASE don't respond.
> I am tired of vague and hateful people when I do
> not understand something. Just looking for a good
> solid answer with plenty of details when
> possible.
>
> Thanks if you can help me.

Well, you are in the right forum! There are no such people here :-) we all helping each others here, no talk down or noob abuse! LOL.

Be patient and tell us what instruction you've followed to install ALARM and Debian, and how far you've got in doing that. I'm sure someone will be able to help.
WarheadsSE
August 08, 2012 03:05PM
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.